Page 369 of 452 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 4,417 to 4,428 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

If we are perceived by other clubs as still on the bottom of the ladder in 2021 ie pick 3,4,5 they might trade their pick 8 ?

But wouldn't the bombers prefer to have full control 6,7,8 and pick who they want via a diversity of players in 2020?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    If we are perceived by other clubs as still on the bottom of the ladder in 2021 ie pick 3,4,5 they might trade their pick 8 ?

But wouldn't the bombers prefer to have full control 6,7,8 and pick who they want via a diversity of players in 2020?
    Got to stay at the pointy end of the 2021 super draft, don't need more than the three we are taking this year, plus McCartin Snr & Papley Jnr

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Exactly :-)

First draft for a while that there is no clear order, even if clubs are somewhat settled on a player they will still keep interviewing others in the mix to hide their choice. This makes for an exciting draft, particularly when you have pick 3
    Yes, can’t recall being this pumped for a draft since we had picks 6 and 14 ( Rohan and Jetta ), which was when I joined RWO I think. Any of the fantastic 5 will be a great result. DGB would be my least preferred but would still be happy with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yes, can’t recall being this pumped for a draft since we had picks 6 and 14 ( Rohan and Jetta ), which was when I joined RWO I think.........
    You joined six months after that draft which was the 2009 ND. Rumour was we offered 6 & 14 to Richmond for their pick 3 as we wanted Dusty. Melbourne showed what a disaster their recruiting was by taking Scully at 1 and the slug with a bad limp at 2 (sorry, forgot his name) plus another two potatoes at about 15 & 18 ish

This year all hinges on who the Crows take out of McDonald and local lad Thilthorpe. If Crows take McDonald, Norf apparently keen on Hollands. If Crows take Thilthorpe, Norf will take McDonald.

So we have DGB and Phillips available in both scenarios, but Thilthorpe or Hollands depending on who Crows take.

Phillips looks a gun mid right from next year IMO, Hollands (ACL) has real X factor, Thilthorpe has real skills for a 200cm player and endurance and can back up ruck, DGB is the least "sexy" of the four.
    Last edited by 707; 22nd November 2020 at 03:57 PM.

Just saw that too. Let's hope they slip a little. We'll take best available at 3 and both academy players.

We need to get back to playing finals too. This extended preseason is doing my head in! Still two weeks to the draft. I'm already thinking about watching the 2005 and 2012 finals' series.

WILL PHILLIPS HIGHLIGHTS | 2020 AFL Draft Prospect - YouTube

Is anyone else wondering if Will Phillips is our smokey at no3?

Lets be honest this guy is a master in the contest and has a real turn of speed that he only needs to show seldomly due to his vision and great long handball. He reminds me of a much faster Tom Mitchell. Phillips was in the top10 fastest over 20m and 6.34 for 2km which was willing .

Campbell a true outside mid or a HBF most likely in the near future playing a McGrath (bombers) type role.

Gulden we will see bit by bit re as an inside mid any may take longer to truly be a starting inside mid in our best 22.......but Phillips mature body and rowbottom combined.....these two would give us that true explosive speed from the contests compared to Parker and Hewett.

If Holland didn't have an ACL recon he would be my pick3 and I can see McDonald as my second choice at pick 3 but geeeese Phillips would be a seriously great asset for our inside midfield as he just oozes that 10yr player

If we did pick up Paddy Mcartin and it does turn out better than expected that gives us alot of flexibility re talls

Its very hard to rule phillips out and allows us to go for the best talls in the next draft

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    ... Highlight clips aren’t actually footage of a players best performances you realise.
    This is meant as sarcasm right?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    WILL PHILLIPS HIGHLIGHTS | 2020 AFL Draft Prospect - YouTube

Is anyone else wondering if Will Phillips is our smokey at no3?

Lets be honest this guy is a master in the contest and has a real turn of speed that he only needs to show seldomly due to his vision and great long handball. He reminds me of a much faster Tom Mitchell. Phillips was in the top10 fastest over 20m and 6.34 for 2km which was willing .

Campbell a true outside mid or a HBF most likely in the near future playing a McGrath (bombers) type role.

Gulden we will see bit by bit re as an inside mid any may take longer to truly be a starting inside mid in our best 22.......but Phillips mature body and rowbottom combined.....these two would give us that true explosive speed from the contests compared to Parker and Hewett.

If Holland didn't have an ACL recon he would be my pick3 and I can see McDonald as my second choice at pick 3 but geeeese Phillips would be a seriously great asset for our inside midfield as he just oozes that 10yr player

If we did pick up Paddy Mcartin and it does turn out better than expected that gives us alot of flexibility re talls

Its very hard to rule phillips out and allows us to go for the best talls in the next draft
    I think this years draft is the one for talls, next years for mids. Talls much harder to find than mids... but higher risk as they take longer to develop.

And our record with pick 4 is not good.

Veterans List
    Phillips is the one IMO, build an A grade engine room first.

IF - Campbell is bid at 7 and Gulden at 17, after adjusting for picks moving up as JUH, Campbell and Jones are matched, we'll be about 320 points short or pick 47 equivalent, so that's not too bad an outcome. Think we'll do another pick swap beforehand or on draft night to negate the deficit for 2021 first.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think this years draft is the one for talls, next years for mids. Talls much harder to find than mids... but higher risk as they take longer to develop.

And our record with pick 4 is not good.
    You are correct about our record being poor. South Melbourne and Sydney's pick 4 at various national drafts:

1981 - Mark Naley - 0 games
    1991 - Andrew McGovern - 29 games
    1993 - Glenn Gorman - 0 games
    1996 - Mark Kinnear - 6 games
    1998 - Ryan Fitzgerald - 10 games

To be fair though, we haven't had a pick 4 for more than half the time that drafts have existed.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    You are correct about our record being poor. South Melbourne and Sydney's pick 4 at various national drafts:

1981 - Mark Naley - 0 games
    1991 - Andrew McGovern - 29 games
    1993 - Glenn Gorman - 0 games
    1996 - Mark Kinnear - 6 games
    1998 - Ryan Fitzgerald - 10 games

To be fair though, we haven't had a pick 4 for more than half the time that drafts have existed.
    I think Fitzy-gerald would have been a pretty handy player had he actually played