Page 386 of 452 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,632 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This was a miscalculation. The points on recount is only 1851, as Syd76 posted. This would leave us short by 179 points, not 15, if Campbell is bid at 7 and Gulden at 20.

My apologies to Syd76 for mistakenly correcting his calculations.
    Love your work Ludwig

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I will find it crazy (unless he declines an offer) if we don't offer Matthew Kennedy, who has been delisted from Carlton (formally GWS) a contract from Thursday when clubs can offer them to delisted players.

He has obviously got a promise to be re-rookied by Carlton but him being a Sydney boy apparently and also a 190cm midfielder who played excellent footy in the 2nd half of the season in a somewhat different role, would be a perfect addition to our young midfield group!

He is still only 23, was taken at pick 13 in his draft year so obviously was a highly rated junior and is starting to show signs now of putting it together.

We have created plenty of room with our delistings, I hope he is one reason why!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. Furthermore, he is a really solid citizen. Matthew Kennedy is a solid player. If there was ever a risk that say George Hewett would go, then he'd be the guy that I would hope we would trade for

Re: Kennedy -carlton are going to re rookie him apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Useful article summarising the changes with the rookie list and the relevant upcoming dates in the trade and draft cycle: [FONT="Arial",sans-serif]https://www.afl.com.au/news/525384[/FONT].

I think we are likely to move at least one more listed player to the rookie list - probably Ronke.

I know the chance of it is next to zero but wish we would use this spot to rookie Fox

Regarding Matt Kennedy, I haven't seen in recent times a delisted player picked up by another club when the current club says they will definitely rookie him. In the current era of list size reductions, every club has to do some jockeying around to make the lists pan out with the rules. I don't think list managers want to cause any 'bad blood' by breaking this unwritten protocol.

Even if Kennedy gets through the DFA period, we could still add him to our rookie list, as we pick ahead of Carlton. But Adelaide and North have picks before ours, who both could use a player like Kennedy more than we do.

Fox Delisting
    There must have been some deep deep analysis that resulted in the Fox delisting. The only thing I can say in defence of the list managers is that although Fox was more than good enough to hold his spot in defence, there are other younger players on our list who are believed will be better at that position in due course, and keeping Fox would delay their development in that role. Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense to keep Fox as a depth player, as we have more than enough of those and he'll be 28 in April.

We also shouldn't forget that there were plenty on RWO who called for his delisting last year. I think most have changed their minds and are now rabid supporters of the Fox.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 25th November 2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I know the chance of it is next to zero but wish we would use this spot to rookie Fox
    I feel confident Fox will get rookied by the swans.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I feel confident Fox will get rookied by the swans.
    Hey Barra, are you working off inside information again?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Re: Kennedy -carlton are going to re rookie him apparently.

Yeah they have said that but any club can pick him up in the small window that starts Dec 1 for delisted players before the rookie draft.

It isn't all that common that other clubs recruit players when their current club has agreed to rookie list them but I'm sure if we actually did want him and discussed a decent role for him and a longer contract than he would definitely consider it?

Veterans List
    We'll won't be doing anything with delisted players until after the ND and the following day's PSD & RD. Only then will become clear what our list numbers and TPP are, we have to navigate both.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Yeah they have said that but any club can pick him up in the small window that starts Dec 1 for delisted players before the rookie draft.

It isn't all that common that other clubs recruit players when their current club has agreed to rookie list them but I'm sure if we actually did want him and discussed a decent role for him and a longer contract than he would definitely consider it?

Yeah fair call. I just think it unlikely considering the clean out we’ve just had that we’re looking to pick up anyone other than draftees and maybe P. Mccartin.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We'll won't be doing anything with delisted players until after the ND and the following day's PSD & RD. Only then will become clear what our list numbers and TPP are, we have to navigate both.
    Could pick someone up as a DFA as soon as tomorrow. Might even help us on RWO make sense of the unfathomable mystery that is #foxgate

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    A Troy Luff redraft moment...