Page 394 of 452 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444 ... LastLast
Results 4,717 to 4,728 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    amerty upgraded to main list , looks like we will take 38 players on this list,33 current+ hickey +amerty and 3 draftees. leaves us with bell,oconnor,mclean,gray and fox (assume we do take him onto rookie) = 5, not sure about wicks I had him upgraded in july 2020 and have him in the 38. If not true our main list = 37 after draft and 6 rookies (what a name) leaving us room for 1 more to take total to 44. Can some what check my theory please.

Regular in the Side
    earlier post should say someone Not what. And my numbers still include ET on main list.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been shared but how good is this young man? Early call but I can see him as a 250 game player for the Swans and that left foot disposal is a thing of rare beauty
    BRAEDEN CAMPBELL HIGHLIGHTS | 2020 AFL Draft Prospect - YouTube
    Drool!!!!!!!!!!

The weight and vision of some of those kicks . . . . oh boy. He, Blakey, McInerney, Stephens and Dawson - plus the potential of Ling and Gould - give our side a very different flavour.

I think the other thing I hadn't appreciated as much about him, is to go with the pace, vision and kicking - he actively goes at the contest.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Drool!!!!!!!!!!

The weight and vision of some of those kicks . . . . oh boy. He, Blakey, McInerney, Stephens and Dawson - plus the potential of Ling and Gould - give our side a very different flavour.

I think the other thing I hadn't appreciated as much about him, is to go with the pace, vision and kicking - he actively goes at the contest.
    Which is why we need to take Phillips. We need to improve on our ability to win inside ball and clearances. Often we fall down in the clinches by fluffing the hand pass under pressure or dropping off the tackle. The days of JPK single handedly winning the contest are over.

But if we can win on the inside, we will murder opposition's on the outside.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Thanks for posting! He has an awkward way of bouncing the ball but the handballs and kicks are magnificent. I've always thought that one of the most beautiful sights in football is a left footer on the run. This guy made me think of ex-Swans like Bayes, Browning, Maxfield!
    And current Swan Dawson :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    amerty upgraded to main list , looks like we will take 38 players on this list,33 current+ hickey +amerty and 3 draftees. leaves us with bell,oconnor,mclean,gray and fox (assume we do take him onto rookie) = 5, not sure about wicks I had him upgraded in july 2020 and have him in the 38. If not true our main list = 37 after draft and 6 rookies (what a name) leaving us room for 1 more to take total to 44. Can some what check my theory please.
    Wicks is still a rookie as per AFL article two days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Which is why we need to take Phillips. We need to improve on our ability to win inside ball and clearances. Often we fall down in the clinches by fluffing the hand pass under pressure or dropping off the tackle. The days of JPK single handedly winning the contest are over.

But if we can win on the inside, we will murder opposition's on the outside.
    Yep, would be a potentially dominant midfield with Phillips in the mix too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yep, would be a potentially dominant midfield with Phillips in the mix too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Richmond's success and Collingwood, Melbourne and North's lack of, shows that it's down to a dominant midfield and not so much that mythical beast, the tap ruckman. Win contested ball, stop the opposition with swarming tackle pressure, outside run and carry to beat the flood back into defense and just hard 2 way running in general are the ingredients for success.

We have recruited for the outside run and carry, now need to get someone to transform our inside attack and defence.

has anyone seen this article before?

"Of the last ten teams to win the AFL Grand Final, only five have boasted a positive clearance differential across their respective seasons.

Geelong 2011, Sydney 2012, Hawthorn 2013, and Richmond in both 2017 and 2019, all finished their years with less clearances on average than their opponents each week – and a premiership in hand."

Understanding how Clearances Shape the Results of AFL Games

food for thought re recruitment of specific players to suit success
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Drool!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely doesn’t appear to shirk contests in fact he seemed to enjoy the contact .
    Drafting Callum and Isaac was exciting and created much anticipation and hope for the future, which may still be realised , however for me this young man does look like he could even surpass them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I hope this mess does not cost us the re-signing of Fox. He certainly deserves to play next season. The danger is that we sent a clear signal to him and he may look to go elsewhere on the basis of this. Hope I'm being overly pessimistic.
    Don't worry. Fox won't do anything stupid. His manager is Xavier Richards.

If you can score more freely from your clearances than you allow your opponent to do from theirs, that matters more than the raw number of how many you win.

74% of teams who won this stat also won the game since 2018.

this weighted much higher when identifying teams that win games vs just being on top in clearances
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Richmond's success and Collingwood, Melbourne and North's lack of, shows that it's down to a dominant midfield and not so much that mythical beast, the tap ruckman. Win contested ball, stop the opposition with swarming tackle pressure, outside run and carry to beat the flood back into defense and just hard 2 way running in general are the ingredients for success.

We have recruited for the outside run and carry, now need to get someone to transform our inside attack and defence.

While Ludwig only denies the validity of Ruckmen as a group - Ralph has taken the next logical step and denied their very existence.

PS - Yes I'm back, mainly due to the PM's I received (and was very grateful for).