Page 440 of 452 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450 ... LastLast
Results 5,269 to 5,280 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I agree that another running half back hardly seems to be our area of deficiency. I was expecting a project ruckman like others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Will we ever recruit a ruckman??
    While I absolutely expect Hickey to do very well for us in the time he has at the Swans.
    He also gives us time to chase an additional ruckman in the 24-26 year old age group from another club in the next 2 years . . . . one that will be at his peak by the time the cygnets hit their straps.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Seems like a bit of a shocker on the outside looking in, considering the other talent still available. Thought Henry Walsh would of been a wise pick
    We, along with 17 other clubs, didn't think it wise

There was this section in the trivia article about the draftees that really caught my eye:

Logan McDonald ........ went to the same Perth primary school as Tom Derickx, who was taught by Logan’s father Tommy. Derickx, who played 13 games for the Swans in 2014-15, is 15 years older than McDonald.
    Logan is already my favourite player. Give Matt Ling #37 and put Logan in the #19 jumper.

The connection can't be simply chance. It\s like a miracle. Some might go so far as to say a resurrection.

The mark of the T-Rex is stamped all over this kid. He's going to be the most elitist of the elite. How could he miss?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We, along with 17 other clubs, didn't think it wise
    We'll put. Just seemed that a lot of us thought we'd go for paddy McCartin and a project ruckman or forward. Makes the most sense given our list. I don't think anyone would of picked these two players but we aren't draft experts. Happy to eat my words but I am slightly sceptical.

I'm happy with the rookie picks we made.

Sheather has been one of the better academy players. Like Wicks, he was one of several players who could have been given a chance with a Cat B selection. The list management know most about the academy players, so it's hard to challenge the wisdom of their selection.

That last rookie spot (leaving one open for in season drafts), is when you try to get a player with a lot of upside, recogmising that the failure rate will be high. It's really what the rookie draft was designed for.

It's worth the wait to see how Naismith goes with his recovery before taking another ruckman on the list. We can also see which undrafted ruckmen do well in the coming season and perhaps pick one up in the mid season draft.

I think McDonald's selection sealed the fate of Paddy McCartin, but maybe he will be asked to train with the team, and will be considered for a preseason selection.

If Joel Amartey could step up and play to his potential, a McDonald-Amartey key forward combo could be lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Unfortunately Mcdonald's reaction reminds me of Shannon Grant's reaction to be drafted by the Swans in 1994.
    I remember Grant crying. McDonald seemed pretty happy to be picked by us in an SEN interview this afternoon.

Regular in the Side
    Sydney Swans recruit Logan McDonald on Dwayne's World - Thursday 10th December

https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/show...episode=768149

- - - Updated - - -

New Sydney Swans Draftee Braeden Campbell | 10/12/20

https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/show/13316?theme=light&enable-volume=true&episode=768086

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I remember Grant crying. McDonald seemed pretty happy to be picked by us in an SEN interview this afternoon.
    Yep. Reflecting on his draft night interview after hearing today’s one, he’s just a pretty relaxed young man by the sounds of it. I’m not sure we would have seen much more emotion out of him if he had been picked up by the Crows ( which he mentioned prior to draft he’d be keen to play for) or a WA club. Look forward to seeing him in the red and white. Exciting year ahead for the swans faithful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sydney Swans recruit Logan McDonald on Dwayne's World - Thursday 10th December

https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/show...episode=768149

- - - Updated - - -

New Sydney Swans Draftee Braeden Campbell | 10/12/20

https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/show/13316?theme=light&enable-volume=true&episode=768086
    McDonald speaks really well , like him already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Really like that all the draftees are noted for their foot skills, the game can be played so much better when you have long and accurate kicks in the side.

Campbell is THE best kick in this draft, Gulden rated very highly by foot as well and McDonald is a long accurate kick, handy for a FF :-)

This kid's a well kept secret. Can play!

Marc Sheather AFL Highlights - YouTube

I'm officially on the bandwagon.
    Last edited by aardvark; 10th December 2020 at 07:26 PM.

Just watched Logan's presser.

Impressive young man. He would've interviewed well and along with his obvious talent, can see why we took him.

It's great that he is mates with Warner and he's rooming with Dyl and Tommy Mc so there's a really strong foundation for him to settle quickly. The one magic ingredient to minimise his go home factor will be success on the field. He needs to belief he can win a flag with us. This applies to all our promising youngsters.