Page 450 of 452 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452 LastLast
Results 5,389 to 5,400 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Good news and let's hope that you're all correct.

I just had a bit of a sliding doors feeling reading reports that Sam Mitchell, at Hawthorn FC, reckons Denver Grainger-Barass looks ready to play at AFL level: "“It’s not for me to say who is in the selection frame (for Round 1) but if you looked at his (Grainger-Barras’) match play last week you would say he’s ready to play.”"

I don't regret our selection of Logan McDonald. On the contrary, I'm still deleriously pleased that we landed him because he was a much better fit for our needs. But clearly DGB is also a super promising player and there will be a temptation to compare the two over their careers seeing as we were strongly considering both and had our choice.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

We know which one Clarko would have picked if he had the choice

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I just had a bit of a sliding doors feeling reading reports that Sam Mitchell, at Hawthorn FC, reckons Denver Grainger-Barass looks ready to play at AFL level: "“It’s not for me to say who is in the selection frame (for Round 1) but if you looked at his (Grainger-Barras’) match play last week you would say he’s ready to play.”"

I don't regret our selection of Logan McDonald. On the contrary, I'm still deleriously pleased that we landed him because he was a much better fit for our needs. But clearly DGB is also a super promising player and there will be a temptation to compare the two over their careers seeing as we were strongly considering both and had our choice.
    Will be interesting which player is considered the best in 2 - 5 years. There would have to be a bit of banter between Horse and Clarko..

Horse said that he would have been happy with either but you can't have them all. A KF of high talent is more likely to win you a flag than a KD. An exception would be McGovern at WCE who was a real play-maker. Rance might have been another. Is this rookie likely to be in their league? Time will tell.

easier to be an 18yr old skinny tall defender playing as a third tall defender or as a HBF ........... vs a KPF 196cm tall and 18yrs of age in the AFL.

Alex Johnson did very well in his first year as a loose defender.........harder to replicate at the other end of the field year1 especially with a spare defender smashing at your skull when going up for a mark.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I just want to say, thank you KB!🙏 Tom Hickey was an inspired piece of recruiting. Has far exceeded my modest expectations. Has given us so much already. Long may he stay fit! Not sure if we need to tip our hats to big Cox on this one also.

I just want to say, thank you KB!🙏 Tom Hickey was an inspired piece of recruiting. Has far exceeded my modest expectations. Has given us so much already. Long may he stay fit! Not sure if we need to tip our hats to big Cox on this one also.
    He has been fabulous so far - even managing to piss off the Bombers fans last night too with the non-HTB call late. We must manage his workload and keep him right however. But nice to have him playing so well, with the knowledge we have Sinclair waiting there to manfully play a role if need be, and us also less reliant on needing Naismith to get back at it asap. I still think Naismith can make it as a very fine AFL player, but really don't think his body will allow it.

Its a medium term puzzle to still solve the ruck, but in the short term we have found what seems to be a puzzle piece that fits perfectly for what we need, and he is no small reason why we have had a massive first month of the season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    As a former member of the Ruckmans-union, I have to admit I was surprised at the lack of a HTB decision against Tom "Wild Thing" Hickey.

Have they changed the rule to remove the presumption of previous opportunity?

Frankly I thought it was a totally unfair that only ruckman should be subjected to this "no prior opportunity" rule in the first place - so I'm not griping that apparently rucks can now grab the ball out of the ruck with impunity - I'm just confused because I don't think the AFL actually announced it.

Although as a former Ruckman, I'm aware that I am considered to be slightly dimmer than the average 15 watt light globe.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    As a former member of the Ruckmans-union, I have to admit I was surprised at the lack of a HTB decision against Tom "Wild Thing" Hickey.

Have they changed the rule to remove the presumption of previous opportunity?

Frankly I thought it was a totally unfair that only ruckman should be subjected to this "no prior opportunity" rule in the first place - so I'm not griping that apparently rucks can now grab the ball out of the ruck with impunity - I'm just confused because I don't think the AFL actually announced it.

Although as a former Ruckman, I'm aware that I am considered to be slightly dimmer than the average 15 watt light globe.
    Yep they changed the rule a couple of years back I believe around prior opportunity.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List

I liked Logan's desperate efforts last night in the closing minutes to hold the ball in our forward line.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep they changed the rule a couple of years back I believe around prior opportunity.
    Many Essendoom supporters ringing SEN this morning clearly don't know the rules. The back pocket decision was correct. Hickey grabbed the ball from the ruck and was immediately wrapped up - ball up. The one up our end was a bit different as he moved a couple of steps and luckily for us it was deemed "no prior opportunity". I reckon it is a great rule that a ruckman can do this. Did they get a goal early in the game from someone plucking it out in a ruck contest?