Page 164 of 452 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,957 to 1,968 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Well we will need to throw whatever is left

The laundry trough??

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Think that was a heavily front-loaded contract due to Carlton having the $ and JM wanting to put a price on his head no other club could match in the PSD. He won't be on that sort of money next year.
    Spot on the first year was heavily loaded , smart move really by the blues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Well we will need to throw whatever is left!

- - - Updated - - -

Reckon this is pretty harsh. Grundy is a gun.
    Would much prefer Grundy than Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Would much prefer Grundy than Cameron

Grundy isn't out of contact and just signed a 7 year deal. He is going nowhere.

Grundy isn't out of contact and just signed a 7 year deal. He is going nowhere.
    More commenting on the article that Collingwood should try and swap With GWS for Cameron

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    ... Reckon this is pretty harsh. Grundy is a gun.
    Yep, one ordinary, not terrible, year out of three isn't too bad.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    A forward line with a fit Buddy, Joe and Jeremy could be fun!
    I bit top heavy, and you'd need to put 3 other highly defensive forwards to stop the run out. Maybe a forward line like:

F: Joe, Jeremy, Lloyd
    HF: Cunningham, Buddy, Rampe

might work?

With Buddy taking up so much cap space for the next 2 years, I doubt you will see us pull a rabbit out of the hat and trade in a Cameron or Grundy. The only way it could happen is for an elite recruit to take unders for a couple of years then overs once Buddy retires.

More likely is we go to the draft, pick up 3 excellent prospects and continue with our steady rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    More commenting on the article that Collingwood should try and swap With GWS for Cameron

Ah gotcha. Yeah I would keep Grundy too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I bit top heavy, and you'd need to put 3 other highly defensive forwards to stop the run out. Maybe a forward line like:

F: Joe, Jeremy, Lloyd
    HF: Cunningham, Buddy, Rampe

might work?

... as long as the rest of the team is on the minimum wage, and prepared to stick around the SCG after games to work
    as cleaners or as valets to collect Joe, Jeremys & Buddy's luxury rides for them after training to try and make ends meet.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There's an interesting Roar article suggesting that Collingwood have totally messed up by signing Brodie Grundy up to an epic 7 year megadeal. All you ruck-skeptics will agree with the sentiment.
    The writer suggests they should try and trick GW$ into swapping Grundy for Cameron.

Grundy is a seven-year albatross hanging around Collingwood’s neck
    Everyone who thinks we need a gun ruckman to succeed should read that article......stuff it, I'll just quote the relevant section:

"Ruckmen in the modern game do not win you premierships. Ruckmen are the most overrated position in the game with the least influence on the outcome.

There is a litany of examples over the past decade of premiership-winning ruckmen being a small cog in the team’s overall success. Names like Ivan Soldo, Toby Nankervis, Scott Lycett, Nathan Vardy, Jordan Roughead and Ben McEvoy are all solid citizens but absolutely nothing more. They would all be in their premiership team’s bottom six.

There is no better example than Grundy himself in the 2019 preliminary final against GWS, which the Magpies lost. It was a game where Grundy dominated his position.

Grundy’s numbers in that game were extraordinary. He won 73 hit-outs and ten clearances. He had 25 disposals and the Magpies dominated the clearances 54 to 35.

If ruckmen were so influential, Collingwood should have won by ten goals. Alas, all the tap outs in the world couldn’t be converted into genuine match dominance."

We just need a strong midfield, which we are developing already and will strengthen at this years draft (along with, hopefully, a KPF through trading....just not Daniher or Brown! I'd rather Hogan, even with the risks involved).
    Last edited by stevoswan; 24th September 2020 at 01:06 PM.

Veterans List
    Bennell set to be delisted by the Dees.....are we over him? I guess his Covid breach is a red flag to ongoing issues.....outside of all his 'talent'.