Page 171 of 452 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,052 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Have a feeling that Naismith will be "retired" due to him being so injury prone. This next season will see all clubs having less players in their squads and there will be more severe culling of players, staff and assets. So challenge for Swans is to try and find an experienced mobile big man who can ruck and around the ground. AA is too slight for whole game @@@@ing and Sinclair is no value around the ground. So we have a dilemma, many have named some big man options. Let's hope we can identify one clear option and go for him without compromising the draft picks. We picked up Mummy from Geelong and you never know what might be out there if many clubs need to cull

Veterans List
    I'm posting this from the Swans website to try and put a stop to the negative chat from some posters that Parker is declining as a player and isn't relevant to our future plans. I get really annoyed when I read those comments, noting that Travis Boak has had his best ever year at age 32!

"Luke Parker’s best on ground nine votes against Brisbane in Round 17 catapulted him into 11th overall in the AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year award.
    Parker, the highest placed Swan, finished on 44 votes"

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Have a feeling that Naismith will be "retired" due to him being so injury prone. This next season will see all clubs having less players in their squads and there will be more severe culling of players, staff and assets. So challenge for Swans is to try and find an experienced mobile big man who can ruck and around the ground. AA is too slight for whole game @@@@ing and Sinclair is no value around the ground. So we have a dilemma, many have named some big man options. Let's hope we can identify one clear option and go for him without compromising the draft picks. We picked up Mummy from Geelong and you never know what might be out there if many clubs need to cull
    I agree with Naismith retirement
    He will take a development role, rehab on the side and if anywhere near it, be pre season drafted the year after

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Not sure why we would not look to someone like Lloyd meek form Dockers, in our age bracket to develop with the rest of the team, stuck behind another emerging young ruck - Sean Darcy and a strong second option Rory Lobb. Has a year left on his contract and would not cost a lot in picks.
    Welcome aboard Mutley - we can also do with newbies!

And I agree with you about the need for another ruckman, though I hope we see more of Naismith on the park.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm posting this from the Swans website to try and put a stop to the negative chat from some posters that Parker is declining as a player and isn't relevant to our future plans. I get really annoyed when I read those comments, noting that Travis Boak has had his best ever year at age 32!

"Luke Parker’s best on ground nine votes against Brisbane in Round 17 catapulted him into 11th overall in the AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year award.
    Maybe I am a Nosey Parker love child but I don't see that the Swans have a better, harder warrior than Nosey. Never has a bad game and if you watch his style, he never gives up and puts his body is 'on the line' every time he plays.Great mark, accurate kick, inspirational captain and a brute in a tackle.
    He has many years to go if the body holds up.He IS NOT IN DECLINE.
    It is appalling that some do not give this champion the credit deserved.

Suspended by the MRP

Precisely!! If Parker isn't far and away our best midfielder and LEADER then Paul Kelly and Brett Kirk must of wandered back onto the list at some point without me noticing them.

Parker is absolutely one of our best players and leaders, certainly our best mid. But 3-4 years ago he was easily a top 5 player ( or mid at least ) in the comp, now he’s just outside the top ten on that count you refer to. He’s not as dominant as he was in the years 2014-2018. And while still fairly young he’s not exactly trending upwards.

Certainly he’s a big part of our future plans but he’s not the player he was a few season ago. I don’t think it’s negative to say that, it’s a fact based on his output relative to previous seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    . AA is too slight for whole game @@@@ing
    Yeah, most of us can only go for a few minutes at best.

Hit the 'f' instead of the 'r' Rick?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Grundy was drafted in 2012 and playing the next year albeit not in full flight. I think if you want to have a top flight ruck, you probably have got to burn a reasonable pick on them. Not top 10 (Nic Nat is a freak), but maybe 15-35. And you’ll get a player that doesn’t spend 5 years developing. Look at McCartin who is way ahead on his KPF/D trajectory.. Grundy. English. Jackson.

I like the sound of Henry Walsh who should be in that range if we can engineer the pick.

If MacDonald or Hollands are available I think they sound better prospects than Thilthorpe.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m saying we see if Norf want to swap pick 2 and 1 or 2 lower picks for our 3 and 22. Similar number of points. It suits us to go up one place. We don’t care what our next pick is after that. Might suit them if they aren’t into talls or want to take a mid first.
    Hollands has already done a knee. I recall all the talk on Alex Johnson and it appears that if you do it once there is a high chance you will do another, particularly if you are young. Lets pass on him and take the next best.

Veterans List

Yes, the negative Parker talk is weird....even champions have an off day occasionally. You don't hear people saying Danger or Pendlebury are past it when they have a quiet one and Parker's are only quiet 'by his standards', which are higher than most....and Boak is prime example of the adage 'never write off a champion.'

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I agree with Naismith retirement
    He will take a development role, rehab on the side and if anywhere near it, be pre season drafted the year after
    The problem with Sam is he is unlikely to be ready for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yeah, most of us can only go for a few minutes at best.

Hit the 'f' instead of the 'r' Rick?
    Possibly a Freudian slop.