Page 273 of 452 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 3,265 to 3,276 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I'm one of those that think this.

The problem is, we're about 600 draft points short of achieving this goal even before we recruit a ruckman from somewhere. Something has to give.
    We take a deficit into next year or we buy some unwanted picks with points for a late 2021 pick, probably done on draft night

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ring ring - "Is Aliir available"? "Yes, for Lycett or Ladhams" click ........

Always thought this was one of those far fetched space fillers, now confirmed as such.
    But it elicited this bizarre headline in the Herald-Scum....."Port survives Swans ruck raid". WTF?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    But it elicited this bizarre headline in the Herald-Scum....."Port survives Swans ruck raid". WTF?
    Just shows how desperate the press is for a story, make anything up to get a headline and clicks. Very sad

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    May not really answer my question but great post! You have spelled out what makes this situation more unsavoury than most. Why is it all in the public domain? Is it their way of pushing him out the door?

What are Collingwood people saying about it? Haven't heard much. Doesn't reflect well on their leadership. I wonder what it says about Buckley, who I normally feel quite positive about.
    This week when I was listening to SEN a number of Collingwood supporters rang up saying they were disappointed in the club for how Treloar was being treated. One caller was savage against McGuire saying that he spoke out in support of the Australia Post CEO who bought those expensive watches but he hasn't shown support to his own player.

I stay away from watching/listening to any programs with McGuire so I don't know if he has made any comment.

Doggies need a small forward, we need a tall forward. How does a straight swap of Ronke for Schache sound?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Treloar thing is a truly awful situation. He has been open about his mental health issues for a couple of years and clearly the club has been supportive of him till now and fine with him.

For the club to then background, he’s difficult to coach, he won’t cope, etc etc, is truly a 💩 act - when it’s clearly a salary cap squeeze.

Fancy exploiting and compounding a bloke’s mental health issues like that.

I remember during the Goodes stuff, Quadruple Chins always invoked all his other ‘social good’ work as a defence. What utter hollow @@@@e.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Doggies need a small forward, we need a tall forward. How does a straight swap of Ronke for Schache sound?
    That's a very interesting proposition. Schache seems expendable, since they're getting JUH in the draft. But will Schache ever fulfill his potential? I think it's worth pursuing. We would probably need to give them a 2nd rounder + Ronke.

From the Bulldogs perspective, they would go into next season with KPFs Naughton, JUH and Josh Bruce. I thought Bruce was very disappointing this year and JUH may be the next Buddy Franklin, but will still only be a kid. So the Dogs might feel that they're a bit light up front for the next couple of years without Schache, even though things look very bright a few years out.

Also, Schache left Brisbane crying for his mummy, so maybe he can't leave Victoria without falling apart.

I would also ask if North are interested in Ronke + pick 3 for their pick 2.

i am a massive supporter of mental health............i have been a lifeline counsellor for 20 yrs

I have trouble imagining that any sports psychologist would recommend that Treloar lives in Melb 2000kms from his baby daughter and rock of a wife for 10months.

The guy has been struggling for a long time and I find it so difficult to understand being away from your baby daughter and wife for 10months ?

There are a few layers to this puzzle and maybe Collingwood are within their right to say "is this in your best interest?"
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Schache's problem is he is not up to to AFL standard. Why try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

Veterans List
    Got to wait until the FA compo picks are settled before we all know who has what picks.

I wonder if we're really keen on a player at 3 (4 if Crouch unbelievably gets the Crows pick 2) or whether we might be open to something like

trading 3 to the Crows for what is currently pick 8, to cover Campbell bid likely before then, plus pick 20 which is first pick in the second round allowing us to select a player there before matching Gulden or if he drifts we get to use 20 plus our own pick 23 as well. No first round deficit next year.

Lots of ways to do this

Crows are in the strongest position to also snare the Dogs pick 12 for later picks totaling more points. They could potentially have pick 1, 2, 4, 13, nice start to a rebuild.

Crows want at least 5 picks inside the top 25. There is talk of the Bombers (or poss GW$) packaging up 6&7 for pick 2.

I really really hope Crows don’t get pick 2 for Crouch. He is NOT worth it.

Josh Schache, Tom McDonald, Peter Wright, Oscar McDonald are all players who are pretty tall and handy without being the number one choice.
    But we certainly cannot afford anyone this year unless they are delisted by their teams.
    Josh Schache probably has more upside if he has the right attitude which I doubt as he has now aged with two coaches. Having said that Luke Beveridges team may not have the best forward set up. But writing is on the wall for him.
    Tom McDonald probably strong and would make an impact at swans if Buddy is back but we cannot afford him.