Page 450 of 450 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450
Results 5,389 to 5,394 of 5394

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Good news and let's hope that you're all correct.

I just had a bit of a sliding doors feeling reading reports that Sam Mitchell, at Hawthorn FC, reckons Denver Grainger-Barass looks ready to play at AFL level: "“It’s not for me to say who is in the selection frame (for Round 1) but if you looked at his (Grainger-Barras’) match play last week you would say he’s ready to play.”"

I don't regret our selection of Logan McDonald. On the contrary, I'm still deleriously pleased that we landed him because he was a much better fit for our needs. But clearly DGB is also a super promising player and there will be a temptation to compare the two over their careers seeing as we were strongly considering both and had our choice.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

We know which one Clarko would have picked if he had the choice

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I just had a bit of a sliding doors feeling reading reports that Sam Mitchell, at Hawthorn FC, reckons Denver Grainger-Barass looks ready to play at AFL level: "“It’s not for me to say who is in the selection frame (for Round 1) but if you looked at his (Grainger-Barras’) match play last week you would say he’s ready to play.”"

I don't regret our selection of Logan McDonald. On the contrary, I'm still deleriously pleased that we landed him because he was a much better fit for our needs. But clearly DGB is also a super promising player and there will be a temptation to compare the two over their careers seeing as we were strongly considering both and had our choice.
    Will be interesting which player is considered the best in 2 - 5 years. There would have to be a bit of banter between Horse and Clarko..

Horse said that he would have been happy with either but you can't have them all. A KF of high talent is more likely to win you a flag than a KD. An exception would be McGovern at WCE who was a real play-maker. Rance might have been another. Is this rookie likely to be in their league? Time will tell.

easier to be an 18yr old skinny tall defender playing as a third tall defender or as a HBF ........... vs a KPF 196cm tall and 18yrs of age in the AFL.

Alex Johnson did very well in his first year as a loose defender.........harder to replicate at the other end of the field year1 especially with a spare defender smashing at your skull when going up for a mark.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"