Page 153 of 452 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,825 to 1,836 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    I doubt any club will offer more than 3 years for a player moving clubs. The trading and FA landscape has changed.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    My recollection of the Buddy deal is that we still have to keep his $ on our salary cap regardless of retirement.

On other recent comments, I will be quite surprised if we trade away our Number 3 pick. I can't see Adelaide getting a really low pick as compensation for Crouch.

I think that Daniher will leave Essendon. Whether he goes to us is another story. We are probably slight favourite now. There is no point trying to trade with Dodorro as we all know from past events, so make a reasonable offer to Daniher but not an excessive offer and see what happens. If Essendon match, which they likely won't, then so be it.
    Will feel very uneasy if we get Daniher

Bombers have just put a 4 year offer on the table for Daniher.

Not sure if that’s for his benefit or to guarantee they get pick 7 if he walks (on the basis any other club would have to beat it).

I’m not sure he’d find it easy to “betray” the club and leave for nothing in the PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Me too..... Dodoro should get sacked for not taking 2 picks.... we should have someone marched for offering 2 picks

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Sam McLure on 3AW suggesting Brisbane are the favourites for Daniher.

He also stated that Brad Crouch decision is down to two, Sydney or Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Brettb View Post
    Sam McLure on 3AW suggesting Brisbane are the favourites for Daniher.

He also stated that Brad Crouch decision is down to two, Sydney or Geelong
    Wow! Do we want Crouch? I haven't paid much attention to him. I have to admit I don't watch many other games besides the Swans. Does he play as an inside or out mid?

Who do we need more, a ball-winning mid or a match-winning fwd? Both injury prone. Both RFA!

I’m stunned by the Crouch rumour if true.

Perhaps we could get BC as a RFA and give the Crows pick 2 as a result which they use to draft a tall forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's going to be hard to make other trade and draft decisions before the Daniher outcome is decided.

If we get Daniher as a FA, I would definitely try to make a deal trading our pick 4,

My idea would be to trade both picks 4 and 23 for a player and a slew of later picks that will ensure we have enough points for both Campbell and Gulden, which I figure will be less than 2000 points even if Campbell goes as high as pick 7. Two possible trades could be:
    At the top end of the draft you are looking for the best talent. Pick 4 will be better than Campbell.

With Riccardi's late season form, Himmelberg may be getable.

I thought Crouch was nearly certain to go to Geelong, which would be a sensible move. I can't see why we would want another midfielder. He's a good player, no doubt, but I wouldn't get into a dog fight for him. He would be a sort of replacement for JPK, would argue the camp that wants him.

As for Daniher, it's always hard to make a call based on future injury projections. He's a risk for sure, but who can say how big a risk. What he has going for him is that we can certainly use a quality #1 forward who can also ruck. And he wouldn't come at the cost of a draft pick, so it's only money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post

With Riccardi's late season form, Himmelberg may be getable.
    I like Himmelberg, but would much prefer going after a forward who also puts some time in the ruck. Himmelberg is more of a 3rd forward. I think we have players who can do that role. He's had a mediocre year as well, but that may be partially due to GWS playing so poorly.

The only way we would trade pick 3 is for an exceptional player. Otherwise take it to the draft.

Although it will slide to pick 4 and ...

AFL Draft: Pick 4 - who has been the best and who will be selected this year? | Sporting News Australia

“Pick four has never been a favourite of the Sydney Swans, despite them using it more than any other club. The Swans have held the selection four times, but have only received 36 senior games in return. Their first shot was their best with Andrew McGovern (1991) playing 20 times. Ryan Fitzgerald played 10 games, Mark Kinnear (1996) just six, while Glenn Gorman (1993) never took the field for Sydney. It’s a pity they couldn’t get another 80 games out of McGovern so that his two sons, Jeremy and Mitch, could have qualified as father-son selections.“