Page 85 of 452 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,009 to 1,020 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Warming the Bench
    Interesting to see that De Goey has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Papley in the Herald Sun.

I'd still have Paps over De Goey any day....

Quote Originally Posted by Syd76 View Post
    Interesting to see that De Goey has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Papley in the Herald Sun.

I'd still have Paps over De Goey any day....
    But there’s no suggestion it’s based on anything

Warming the Bench
    Well that's how all these things start. Anyway De Goey has not re-signed with Collingwood - the two parties are meant to be about 150K-250K apart per year. per skuttlebut on SEN.

You would think that with Moore to be re-signed, Grundy (having a large contract agreed to within the last year), Collingwood may eventually lose one out of these two given the other players they have on their books...

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Would you delist both Ling and Stoddart or just one of them?
    Both. Stoddart i think is an almost certain delist. Ling looked ok at times but his disposal by foot requires alot of work. Stephens, Wicks and Foot all much more convincing debuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Both. Stoddart i think is an almost certain delist. Ling looked ok at times but his disposal by foot requires alot of work. Stephens, Wicks and Foot all much more convincing debuts.
    Ling ? Ease up, the bloke has been running for about 3 months in 3 yrs.
    He needs a good run before his fate is decided, was a 1st rounder for a reason.

Stoddart may be ok but too many in front of him now

Veterans List
    Bloody phone editing just deletes one's post!
    I'll try again.....

Ling has not had enough 'fully fit time' to display his talent. He's a first rounder.....we'll keep him.
    Stoddart's tenure on, the other hand, looks very shaky.....he's a probable delist.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Bloody phone editing just deletes one's post!
    I'll try again.....

Ling has not had enough 'fully fit time' to display his talent. He's a first rounder.....we'll keep him.
    Stoddart's tenure on, the other hand, looks very shaky.....he's a probable delist.
    I'd agree with that.

It was an unfortunate injury for Stoddart. His last game in round 7, he had 16 possessions and was looking comfortable at the level. Both Ling and Stoddart are definite keepers for me and expect them to be 150+ game players, barring injury.

I wouldn't want De Goey at the Swans. He looks a most unpleasant fellow. I rate him as the AFL player most likely to spend time in prison one day.

Can't see us delisting either of them. De Goey is a no for me.

Heeney is kind of our version of De Goey. Medium sized forward that can do some pretty special things and can pinch hit on the ball.

They have some different strengths and weaknesses , but I think Heeney is the better player overall. Definitely the better person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Ling ? Ease up, the bloke has been running for about 3 months in 3 yrs.
    He needs a good run before his fate is decided, was a 1st rounder for a reason.

Stoddart may be ok but too many in front of him now
    Sorry should qualify that by putting my thoughts in the context of list reductions. If no reductions, Ling will be kept on our roster. If not, then he could come under consideration. COR, Cunningham, Mills and Fox can play the lockdown role and would be ahead at this stage.

Some have floated the scenario about what to do with pick 2. That's a big "if" IMO, especially if we play with the same intent as last night. I for one, don't want pick 2. I want my team to win and to develop a culture of winning. I don't care if we do it with a team full of later picks. It will take time, and the kids won't get everything right all the time (as Horse intimated at the post-game press conference). You can see how much the win meant to the team (coaches included) last night. I'm pretty sure they want to win too.

Having a team stacked with first rounders does not equal success. Our opposition last night is evidence enough. Tanking sucks. Just ask Carlton.

On contracts, this is who, I believe, don't have one beyond 2020:
    Joel Amartey
    Michael Knoll
    Hayden McLean
    Robbie Fox
    James Bell
    Ryan Clarke
    Zac Foot
    George Hewett
    Josh Kennedy
    Matthew Ling
    Lewis Melican
    Ben Ronke
    Harry Reynolds
    Ryley Stoddart
    Jackson Thurlow
    Sam Wicks
    Brady Rowles
    Jack Maibaum

If list sizes shrink and we have to lose seven players, I'd suggest: Maibaum, Rowles, Ronke, Reynolds, Clarke, either Amartey or Knoll but not both, and Stoddart.