Page 73 of 452 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

And to say i have every faith in our recruiting team (after what we were allegedly going to give up for Danniher) you would be dreaming.

Im hopeful but weary all the same

I wouldn't take Daniher even if he was free. He'd just take up a large chunk of salary cap for no return.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No, not madness, bloody incredibly stupid madness!!

The draft is not comprimised at pick 2 even if JUH is bid on at pick 1. Pick 1 JUH matched by Dogs, Pick 2 Crows take Thilthorpe, we end up with pick 3 to take the KPF from WA or who we consider the best mid in the pool.

Peter Wright can't get a game for GC which tells you where he's at, never seen him do much myself which is why he's not best 22, forget him, use pick 2/3 as suggested above.
    Don't worry about Peter Wright. Several other clubs are interested and Stewy Dew says he's under contract and wants him at GC.

We'll probably have to settle for a sick Joe Daniher, because anyone decent and fit won't want to come to the Swans.

I'm not sure if he's decent or fit, but Toby Nankervis could be the one Richmond would be happy to let go.

What would be madness is to draft a midfielder with our first pick and then draft 2 more from our academy with our next 2 picks. We'll have to auction off a few on Ebay. Zak Jones couldn't get a game on ball, so he's gone now. How many others will follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don't worry about Peter Wright. Several other clubs are interested and Stewy Dew says he's under contract and wants him at GC.

We'll probably have to settle for a sick Joe Daniher, because anyone decent and fit won't want to come to the Swans.

I'm not sure if he's decent or fit, but Toby Nankervis could be the one Richmond would be happy to let go.

What would be madness is to draft a midfielder with our first pick and then draft 2 more from our academy with our next 2 picks. We'll have to auction off a few on Ebay. Zak Jones couldn't get a game on ball, so he's gone now. How many others will follow?
    Geez Lud you've spent the last 2-3 years telling us we don't need a ruckman. Is this a new grand plan you haven't filled us in about yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Pick 2 is that elite midfielder we are looking for, Academy is cream on top and btw the last 2 Academy midfielders we drafted arent playing midfield

Just checked Peter Wright's stats. Pass.
    For one thing he's no ruckman. For a second, he's not much chop as a forward. I think his claim to fame is that he stands 2 metres and it rhymes with his name.

I want Tippo back, but without having to pay his bloated salary. We'll need our cap to retain our talent coming through at the same time

2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Then again we might have a fit & firing Sam Naismith. It’s pretty clear both he and the club are aiming for that.

Nic Naitanui has had two knee reconstructions. He seems to go all right.

Warming the Bench
    I'm coming around to bringing Nankervis back
    Last edited by mattybloods; 10th August 2020 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I wouldn't take Daniher even if he was free. He'd just take up a large chunk of salary cap for no return.
    Not sure how he would take up salary cap if he was free?

Regardless, it would be easy to do an incentive type contract where he gets a relatively small base amount and the rest is topped up by hitting KPI's such as games played.

So if he stayed injured, would cost bugger all. If he played every game then he would be on big $$, taking up lots of salary cap but would be worth it (remember, this is a gun AA forward we are talking about).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Giving up pick 2 for Peter Wright, even if we get pick 9 in return, would be madness.
    LOL yep. Can't believe this is even being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Not sure how he would take up salary cap if he was free?

Regardless, it would be easy to do an incentive type contract where he gets a relatively small base amount and the rest is topped up by hitting KPI's such as games played.

So if he stayed injured, would cost bugger all. If he played every game then he would be on big $$, taking up lots of salary cap but would be worth it (remember, this is a gun AA forward we are talking about).

- - - Updated - - -

LOL yep. Can't believe this is even being discussed.
    The problem with a contract like that is why would Joe go for it ? He knows despite his injury status he still has trade value, and if he doesn’t get it with us he’ll sure as he’ll get it elsewhere. I doubt he would gamble his future on his body holding up. If your JD you take the money, and I hope to god it’s not us that’s offering the most !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was asked this a while back on this forum so I'll return the question. If we draft 3 mids, who are we going to delist / trade out of our current bunch to make room.
    Clarke and Bell? If we move some of our mids to either play as small forward or run off HB then that brings Stoddart, Thurlow, Reynolds, Rowles and Ronke into the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I was asked this a while back on this forum so I'll return the question. If we draft 3 mids, who are we going to delist / trade out of our current bunch to make room.
    Clarke and Bell? If we move some of our mids to either play as small forward or run off HB then that brings Stoddart, Thurlow, Reynolds, Rowles and Ronke into the frame.
    Worry about that later, GWS do alright with 12 that can play midfield.
    Who is to say the 2 academy boys are Mids anyway ?
    Mills and Heeney were highly rated Academy mids that arent AFL mids