Page 172 of 452 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,053 to 2,064 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Warming the Bench
    Papley was also a pick up in the rookie draft

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Hollands has already done a knee. I recall all the talk on Alex Johnson and it appears that if you do it once there is a high chance you will do another, particularly if you are young. Lets pass on him and take the next best.
    I would take the punt , if he hadn’t done his knee he would be likely no1 . Kid can play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Parker is absolutely one of our best players and leaders, certainly our best mid. But 3-4 years ago he was easily a top 5 player ( or mid at least ) in the comp, now he’s just outside the top ten on that count you refer to. He’s not as dominant as he was in the years 2014-2018. And while still fairly young he’s not exactly trending upwards.

Certainly he’s a big part of our future plans but he’s not the player he was a few season ago. I don’t think it’s negative to say that, it’s a fact based on his output relative to previous seasons.

His output is also in context. He was part of a far deeper midfield. This year, without Kennedy and Heeney for large chunks of the season, he was going solo in there. And he’s not often afforded the opportunity to play forward.

He’s been magnificent this year given the load he had.

The problem with Sam is he is unlikely to be ready for next season.
    Totally, 2022 at earliest

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    His output is also in context. He was part of a far deeper midfield. This year, without Kennedy and Heeney for large chunks of the season, he was going solo in there. And he’s not often afforded the opportunity to play forward.

He’s been magnificent this year given the load he had.
    Yeah you’re right. Hopefully with a stronger midfield group he can excel even more.

Do you reckon anyone will swap a draft pick for Ronke?. Would be handy to get something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Hounsell View Post
    Do you reckon anyone will swap a draft pick for Ronke?. Would be handy to get something for him.
    Fourth round at best I would think

Hollands has already done a knee. I recall all the talk on Alex Johnson and it appears that if you do it once there is a high chance you will do another, particularly if you are young. Lets pass on him and take the next best.
    Not necessarily. If he has been given enough time to recover, good rehab program and no complications (such as post surgical infection) then he would still be a goer. Just have to make sure we do our due diligence on him if we have the opportunity to take him (and want to of course).

I think the increase of a recurrence of an ACL rupture is about 20% compared to those who have never had the injury. Significant, but not enough to rule out selection.

Ben Ronke will be a good player at another club. With Papley and several other good small forwards at the Swans, it leaves little space for Ronke to develop. He needs to play at AFL level on a regular basis. He's very dedicated, and for this alone, I think he will succeed, but perhaps not at the Swans. If he is traded, he will be a good get for another club.

I see that Paddy McCartin is a free agent looking for a new club. If we don't get Daniher, he could be worth a shot. I was never a big fan, and now he has the concussion risk, but nonetheless, he makes a good target up forward. He wouldn't be very costly. I recall how Shaun Higgins was injured half the time when he played for WB, but has managed to have a long career and now looks that he will be contracted until he is at least 34 yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think the increase of a recurrence of an ACL rupture is about 20% compared to those who have never had the injury. Significant, but not enough to rule out selection.

Ben Ronke will be a good player at another club. With Papley and several other good small forwards at the Swans, it leaves little space for Ronke to develop. He needs to play at AFL level on a regular basis. He's very dedicated, and for this alone, I think he will succeed, but perhaps not at the Swans. If he is traded, he will be a good get for another club.

I see that Paddy McCartin is a free agent looking for a new club. If we don't get Daniher, he could be worth a shot. I was never a big fan, and now he has the concussion risk, but nonetheless, he makes a good target up forward. He wouldn't be very costly. I recall how Shaun Higgins was injured half the time when he played for WB, but has managed to have a long career and now looks that he will be contracted until he is at least 34 yo.
    I'd be keen on giving Paddy a chance. A 1-2 year deal would be all that is required and I'm sure he would love the opportunity to play with Tom. Plenty of potential if he can stay on the park.

I wonder why Geelong are not keen though given he's a local junior and they are on the hunt for a key forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'd be keen on giving Paddy a chance. A 1-2 year deal would be all that is required and I'm sure he would love the opportunity to play with Tom. Plenty of potential if he can stay on the park.

I wonder why Geelong are not keen though given he's a local junior and they are on the hunt for a key forward?
    Would love Paddy McCartin in the side. Would be as cheap as peanuts and nothing as romantic as two brothers playing for the same team.

...and surely he'd at least offer just as much as Reid
    Last edited by longmile; 25th September 2020 at 10:25 PM.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If we could get more points from elsewhere why not offer 3 and 22 for pick 2?
    This is not a good idea. We need to hold pick 22 to match bids on Campbell and Gulden.

I'm guessing Campbell would be bid on around pick 10-15, and Gulden in the early to mid 20s. That would mean we're about 500 to 1000 points short of matching for both without going into deficit. The last thing we should be doing is trading for fewer points.

We may end up trading out a player or two for draft picks. We will need to make space on the list to draft three players, and we're doing that by delisting or trading. I could see North offering us their pick 25 for two fringe players.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final