Page 173 of 452 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,065 to 2,076 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Why oh why would we want Paddy Mccartin ? He’s either had too many head knocks, or just not very good ,or both. He’s shown almost nothing even before the concussions. Only advantage is he costs nothing. So does the leading goal kicker in the local park comp, and they’d probably offer more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddy is a seriously good mark. If he gets a good run at it, he'll be a very good key position forward. Worth looking at if he's available at a low price.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Also the Doggies want points, we should trade out last three picks for their first rounder.
    The Dogs don't need to gain many draft points.

They currently hold picks 13, 36, 49. That is a total of 2001 points. To match a bid at pick 1, they need 2400 points, so they are 399 points short. That's about pick 41 (412 points).

They are about 15 points short of matching a bid at pick 2 (2013.6), and they can match a bid at pick 3 with what they have (1787.2).

I expect there will be some side deals made so clubs in need of draft points or picks can pick them up with some live pick trading on draft night, or clubs that don't need picks can offload them. For example, if the Bulldogs trade for picks in anticipation of a bid for U-H at pick 1 but he's not bid on until pick 4, they may have a few hundred points worth of picks that they won't need. On the other hand, North have 11 list spots they will need to fill, and I expect they will be fairly active with live pick trading for other clubs' surplus low picks. In this scenario, the Bulldogs could have 2 or 3 later picks to offload and North could well scoop them up for a token future pick.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Not sure why we would not look to someone like Lloyd meek form Dockers, in our age bracket to develop with the rest of the team, stuck behind another emerging young ruck - Sean Darcy and a strong second option Rory Lobb. Has a year left on his contract and would not cost a lot in picks.
    I've never heard of Meek and am intrigued. Please tell us more. Where's he from and what's good about him, apart from his age?

I'm on my phone and can't tell if this is your first post but, if it is, welcome! Always glad to have new people join the conversation.

Senior Player
    I don’t profess to know too much about Lloyd Meek but he seems a good size with an old fashioned work ethic and if he turns out to be anywhere near as good as a couple of other players we picked up via North Ballarat I would be very happy.
    Seems like he could be a pretty good option.
    Looks like he has good hands and also showed some good disposal skills by foot in this highlights package.
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/172023/...=1476237067001
    Last edited by Faunac8; 26th September 2020 at 08:37 AM.

I would like to see us target constable from Geelong or even Will Brodie from Gold Coast . Both young inside midfielders with size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    I would like to see us target constable from Geelong or even Will Brodie from Gold Coast . Both young inside midfielders with size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We are pretty stocked up number wise for mids. By the time we take Campbell, Gulden and possibly a third with pick 3, one could argue we will be overstocked. I like the potential if Brodie and Constable but suspect we would need to let go of a few of our current bunch to go down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I don’t profess to know too much about Lloyd Meek but he seems a good size with an old fashioned work ethic and if he turns out to be anywhere near as good as a couple of other players we picked up via North Ballarat I would be very happy.
    Seems like he could be a pretty good option.
    Looks like he has good hands and also showed some good disposal skills by foot in this highlights package.
    Draft prospect: Lloyd Meek
    Given that there are a few clubs looking for a ruckman, hate to see us pay overs for roughies. As many teams have shown, you can be successful with an average ruck as long as they compete and the midfield is good.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Given that there are a few clubs looking for a ruckman, hate to see us pay overs for roughies. As many teams have shown, you can be successful with an average ruck as long as they compete and the midfield is good.
    Totally agree and he is already under contract for next year but definitely worth investigating if the price was right.
    I think we could use a bit more aggression in the ruck especially with our younger midfielder brigade still building some body mass.

We are pretty stocked up number wise for mids. By the time we take Campbell, Gulden and possibly a third with pick 3, one could argue we will be overstocked. I like the potential if Brodie and Constable but suspect we would need to let go of a few of our current bunch to go down that path.
    Just think we will need 2 young midfield bulls going forward Rowbottom will be one but he’s not overly tall . Need a tall midfielder to complement him . Watching Cripps have 4 players hanging off him and still able to get the clearance (since holding the ball doesn’t exist anymore ) . Tells me we need another big body . That could also come in the form of a crash and bash ruckman if we could source one

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Just think we will need 2 young midfield bulls going forward Rowbottom will be one but he’s not overly tall . Need a tall midfielder to complement him . Watching Cripps have 4 players hanging off him and still able to get the clearance (since holding the ball doesn’t exist anymore ) . Tells me we need another big body . That could also come in the form of a crash and bash ruckman if we could source one

Nankervis is the man if we could get him

Nankervis is the man if we could get him
    I read this morning ( fox footy trade news I think ) that he’s now a priority signing for the Tigers with Saldo going down with the ACL. Likely to get a 4 year deal.