Page 77 of 452 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Campbell a long accurate left footer :-)
    Keep them coming! Stephens looks a very good kick as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Meg, I read the article and was wondering if you could clarify something? One paragraph states:
    Does this mean that there is no discount for NGA matched bids?

If it does, then Ugle-Hagan, rated pick 1 in this draft, is tied to the Western Bulldogs. He seems certain to be bid on by the 2nd pick at the latest. Matching the bid by the Bulldogs would wipe out all their points in the current draft and put them into deficit for next year. I still think they will match the bid, but there has to be some question about it.

It's not out of the question that if the ladder stays where it is, Adelaide will take their local kid Thilthorpe without bidding of Ugle-Hagan, but I'm sure we would bid on him. Then it would be with the Bulldogs whether they would be willing to go into deficit for next year. Or course, they may trade away a player to get the points they need to match the bid with this year's points.

I suppose I'm just saying that Ugle-Hagan is not out of the question for us.
    North has a staggering 22 players out of contract so will be trading for picks this trading season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    North has a staggering 22 players out of contract so will be trading for picks this trading season.
    But not 1 of them is worth recruiting. I'd take Jy Simpkim, but he's contracted till 1922.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    This is why this season for Shaw means nothing, they are all about clearing the decks and hitting the draft for a few years.

Id say Adelaide get the top 2 picks with Crouch leaving too, we get 3 or 4 with North

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    This is why this season for Shaw means nothing, they are all about clearing the decks and hitting the draft for a few years.

Id say Adelaide get the top 2 picks with Crouch leaving too, we get 3 or 4 with North
    Crouch just isn't that good, wouldn't be in the top 30/35 midfielders. Doubt any club will give him enough $ and years to get Band 1 compo.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Crouch just isn't that good, wouldn't be in the top 30/35 midfielders. Doubt any club will give him enough $ and years to get Band 1 compo.
    Will be borderline, some club will throw at least 600k at him

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Keep them coming! Stephens looks a very good kick as well.
    Too early to tell. Even truer with Campbell.

Jury still out. Certainly not going to be getting excited for September action in five years time on the back of Florent, Stephens, Bell, Clarke, Warner and an 18 year old we haven't drafted yet.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Meg, I read the article and was wondering if you could clarify something? One paragraph states:
    Does this mean that there is no discount for NGA matched bids?

If it does, then Ugle-Hagan, rated pick 1 in this draft, is tied to the Western Bulldogs. He seems certain to be bid on by the 2nd pick at the latest. Matching the bid by the Bulldogs would wipe out all their points in the current draft and put them into deficit for next year. I still think they will match the bid, but there has to be some question about it.

It's not out of the question that if the ladder stays where it is, Adelaide will take their local kid Thilthorpe without bidding of Ugle-Hagan, but I'm sure we would bid on him. Then it would be with the Bulldogs whether they would be willing to go into deficit for next year. Or course, they may trade away a player to get the points they need to match the bid with this year's points.

I suppose I'm just saying that Ugle-Hagan is not out of the question for us.
    That is assuming the Bulldogs don't do some pick trading for more draft points. They may be interested in swapping out their first-rounder for multiple later picks, since they're not going to be using it anyway. They know an early bid on UH is coming, they would not be going to the draft blind.

Pick 1 is 3000 points. With the discount, that becomes 2400 points. Depending on where they finish, the Bulldogs would only need to scrape up a few hundred points to avoid a points deficit.

The sides with the first couple of picks should consider a bid on UH, just to make the Bulldogs tap out their picks. However, it may be unwise for Sydney to do so. Sydney would also be looking to gain more draft points as insurance for Campbell and Gulden. We would be competing with the Bulldogs for spare picks. On the other hand, if UH isn't drafted in the top 3, the Bulldogs may be looking to offload surplus draft picks in a live pick trade. Not bidding on UH may also allow us to trade with the Bulldogs to gain picks to draft Campbell and Gulden without difficulty while retaining our early pick.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Will be borderline, some club will throw at least 600k at him
    Iā€™m sure the AFL will be able to work some magic with their secret formula, like with Ty Vickery!

Veterans List
    But not 1 of them is worth recruiting. I'd take Jy Simpkim, but he's contracted till 1922.
    Wow, back to the future!šŸ˜€

We could have drafted him. Was taken the pick after Florent from memory!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    We could have drafted him. Was taken the pick after Florent from memory!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Similar players and look very much alike too. If you said they were related, wouldn't be surprised!