Page 155 of 452 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,849 to 1,860 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Maybe the Crouch factor is because Hewett wants to head back to Adelaide.
    We are likely to see only 4 - 5 delistings and maybe Hewett heads home.
    More delistings next year i guess.
    It would not be a bad option to go for something like this -
    Campbell, Gulden, Elijah Hollands - Draft
    Crouch and Ruck Trade in.
    It would make us very very competitive.

If we take away the Fremantle game, we were scoring around 40 - 50 points a game through the year with practically half functional midfield, ruck and forward line. Plus the added factor of The COVID situation and lack of training together and lots of travel etc

The backline is already looking great with McCartin, Rampe, Mills, Lloyd, Cunningham, Thurlow and Melican. Backup Brand, Riordan, O'Connor, Aliir, Dawson. I think we still need Stoddardt and Ling in there if needed. Both are reasonably good. Ling in particular will get better.

Midfield of Kennedy, Parker, Stephens, Clarke, Rowbottom and rotating players such as JMac, Papley, Heeney. We do lack 1 - 2 genuine players in there and having Campbell and Crouch may be a big bonus. One with big body and another with speed and great kick. If Elijah Hollands is doing well from his knee perspective, get him and that would complete our midfield. Although he is probably a Halfforward rather than a true midfielder.
    Backup of Chad Warner, Sam Wicks

Forward - We are lacking in some young talented KPF now that McCartin has gone back but i guess we need to buy one rather than develop one as it takes years to develop one. And we can still end up having someone like Mitch McGovern, Schache or Eric Hipwood who are still considered second or third KPF rather than the primary one on the list.

We aren't going to be active in trades this year. We don't have the picks available to us, or a player that's an asset that we're willing to move.
    I suggest considering Majak as a ruck option that's free on the open market. He never got a proper run in the ruck due to the durability of Goldstein. But he together with Aliir could form a formidable partnership of ruck/forwards.

We need to be prepared for shifting back to pick 5. Bulldogs are #1, and Adelaide will likely get #3 as comp for Crouch (after their current #2).

Getting Crouch is hard to judge the value in. Similar to Daniher, we can easily pay overs for one of them. Given we are already doing that for Buddy and Reid, that carries risk of squeezing out players we'd ideally keep.

Warming the Bench
    If Hewitt wants to head home to Adelaide then it would be great trading with Port. Two players I'd be interested in are Ladhams and Marshall, happy with either

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

I think majak will be hot property this trade period and end up somewhere. (Unless he has an injury problem)

Regular in the Side
    I doubt if Hewett will be heading to Adelaide. He is from Port Broughton not Adelaide.

Don’t want Hewitt going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont expect us to be too active in trades as the squad is not ready to contend. Bring in the two Academy guns plus an early pick. If we can pick up JD through free agency at a fair price then great. If not, then not the end of the world. I think Crouch will want too much money to suit us.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Midfield of Kennedy, Parker, Stephens, Clarke, Rowbottom and rotating players such as JMac, Papley, Heeney. We do lack 1 - 2 genuine players in there and having Campbell and Crouch may be a big bonus. One with big body and another with speed and great kick. If Elijah Hollands is doing well from his knee perspective, get him and that would complete our midfield. Although he is probably a Halfforward rather than a true midfielder.
    Backup of Chad Warner, Sam Wicks
    Well this is interesting as I have been called a heretic in these circles for suggesting that the answer to our future midfield might not be Florent & Rowbottom and yet the consensus seems to be that we need an elite talent in the midfield. Forgive me but if those lads are going to be as good as everyone thinks they are, why would we need to draft another ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Have I just read that right?
    We have the youngest team in the comp and we didn't get one in the 22 under 22?
    Very interesting.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Have I just read that right?
    We have the youngest team in the comp and we didn't get one in the 22 under 22?
    Very interesting.
    My biggest worry, is we are overrating our youngsters.

Goes up to 11
    What's with the talk of Hewitt maybe leaving? Unless there's some sort of solid evidence of a player wanting out (or others wanting in), we should be staying upfront in our posts that it's just conjecture.

This is RWO, not the Melbourne media, so let's at least keep some vague relationship with reality.