Page 235 of 452 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,809 to 2,820 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yes. But what would be the point? If we wanted to keep him, he was already on the rookie list. The delisting from primary list to rookie draft move is what we will likely see with several players this year, which is what is done when there are too many players on the primary list, but we want to still keep some on the squad, so they are moved to the rookie list to make way for draft picks in the national draft.
    Makes sense - thanks.
    I hope someone else picks him up and he gets a shot at it.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No, very few contracts being signed around the league, waiting no doubt on the TPP announcement. George has had a very difficult year, we'll re-sign in the fullness of time.
    I agree.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Is anyone else getting increasingly concerned that the club hasn’t announced the re-signing of George Hewitt?
    I am not too worried, given the club has not been very transparent on contract matters and our coaches have always appreciated Hewett. Who knows if there were any contract extension triggers in our players' contracts. I won't be surprised that a few like Joey and Hewett have already extended their contracts without proper announcement.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Papley definitely works magic. Rampe is brilliant coming out of D50. Heeney does some special stuff. And then there's Buddy. I reckon we go alright.
    Florent loves a spin and side step and trying to break the lines.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Good. I hope you’re right. I needed the reassurance.
    He doesn't make my best 22. I would go JPK over him any day (not ideal to have both in the same side).

Would also have Parker, Rowbottom, McInerney, Florent, Dawson and Stephens all well ahead of him for midfield spots. This is before we roll Blakey, Mills, Heeney or Papley through the middle.

Anyone have access to Herald Sun today? That list expert Buckenara has reviewed Swans list and stated that Mason Cox would be ideal signing for Swans!!! Appreciate any review of rest of his meanderings

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Anyone have access to Herald Sun today? That list expert Buckenara has reviewed Swans list and stated that Mason Cox would be ideal signing for Swans!!! Appreciate any review of rest of his meanderings
    Ah, Buckenara. A Ludwig kind of person. I admire a man who gets paid for knowing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    According to this AFL statement, Crossley's ban is already finished (June 2020):

AFL Statement: Brayden Crossley sanction

I don't recall too much about him, except that he was rated very highly at some point in his draft year, but ended up going to the GC in the 3rd round. Agree with you that he should be added to the list of players considered for a ruck/forward spot.
    This is great. He would be a good pick up and we could have him in preseason training all the way

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    He doesn't make my best 22. I would go JPK over him any day (not ideal to have both in the same side).

Would also have Parker, Rowbottom, McInerney, Florent, Dawson and Stephens all well ahead of him for midfield spots. This is before we roll Blakey, Mills, Heeney or Papley through the middle.
    I would put Hewett in there any day. McInerney, Florent, Dawson and Stephens are different players to him (they are all outside players and don't get their own ball). Hewett is a smart user of the ball, is tough as nails, gets it himself or more importantly lock opposition players down. The coaches appreciate him and he didn't finish second in the B&F for no reason. Given he was injured, this past year is no representation of his worth to our side.

Captain, I think you are smoking something if you feel that Hewett is not in our best 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd76 View Post
    I would put Hewett in there any day. McInerney, Florent, Dawson and Stephens are different players to him (they are all outside players and don't get their own ball). Hewett is a smart user of the ball, is tough as nails, gets it himself or more importantly lock opposition players down. The coaches appreciate him and he didn't finish second in the B&F for no reason. Given he was injured, this past year is no representation of his worth to our side.

Captain, I think you are smoking something if you feel that Hewett is not in our best 22.
    Parker, JPK and Rowbottom are all ahead as inside midfielders. 3 of this type is enough, but if we need more, Mills and Heeney are waiting for the chance and Blakey has also been tried in that role and went well.

Hewett isn't ahead of any of these and sits on the fringe. He would be first in to replace an inside mid who is out injured.

Whatever you are smoking has slowed down your thinking as much as having Hewett in the midfield would.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    The Cox reference was more of a headline.

Said we should go after, in order: 1. Cameron 2. Brown (offering North pick 22). Hard to argue with either of these suggestions.

He also suggested McCartin for a rookie pick (again on the money), Carlisle for 3rd round pick (I would also do this) and finally Cox for pick 31-40 range (would definitely pass on this).

Finally, he said we don't have much in the way of trade bait, except Parker and would do the deal for a decent draft pick if we are unable to land a gun key forward. Basically if we don't get a gun key forward we will be no good for 3-4 years.

The RWO peanut gallery will go bananas about this but I'm in agreement with pretty much everything he said, except bringing in Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hewett isn't ahead of any of these and sits on the fringe.
    A player that finishes 7th in the Bob Skilton medal vote in 2018, then follows it up with a runner up finish last year, doesn't exactly jibe with the label fringe player.

He's a very consistent player who can play many roles well. We know how Longmire rates these kind of players, and I think he's right to rate them highly.

If Hewett can't make our best 22, then we should easily be a top 4 team.