Page 3 of 452 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

It’s a big if. How long will Buddy have left by 2021? Sam Reid will be 30 in 2021, Sinkers will be 32. I don’t think we’ll be as overstocked with KPFs as you might think

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It’s a big if. How long will Buddy have left by 2021? Sam Reid will be 30 in 2021, Sinkers will be 32. I don’t think we’ll be as overstocked with KPFs as you might think
    What you raise Webbos underlines how important it is that McCartain continues to develop as a forward.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    What you raise Webbos underlines how important it is that McCartain continues to develop as a forward.
    Nothing wrong with giving him experience at both ends. Smart enough footballer to handle it. Crucial part of the club going forward with his leadership attributes as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    If we do pursue, and get, Joe Daniher at season's end, should we consider trading our Reid and rely on McCartin to replace him? This plan would ease the KPF congestion that getting JD might cause and give us some cap relief. Interesting that it never seemed part of the equation when we looking to acquire JD recently. Then again McCartin will have another season of development in him and be more ready to step up and fill the Reid shaped hole.
    Daniher is yet to get into a jog for 2020 season!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We definitely dodged a bullet....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Yes I think we wait and see how Daniher goes in 2020 before we even contemplate recruiting him.

As Stevo said we definitely dodged a bullet. We have to thank Dodoro and our recruiters for playing hardball!

It's official that Braeden Campbell and Errol Gulden will be training with the club over the summer in preparation for the 2020 draft: Which 2020 draft prospects are training at your club?. Tom Green's younger brother, Josh, will be training with GWS. Clubs each will have 2-5 draft prospects training with them. Perhaps we have gone with a smaller number because we are confident there will only be those two Academy prospects that we will consider drafting (at this stage)?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Here is a table of picks for 2020

Attachment 2259

You'll have to click to see as the jpeg fill doesn't seem to copy and paste and uploads as an attachment.

PS: Just a note on the system, I find it very difficult to insert tables and sometimes images, even when pasting in the HTML code.
    My eyes just glazed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    My eyes just glazed over.
    🤣 Very funny

Veterans List
    Are the AFL living in fantasy land?

How 'Secret Santa' could take the draft to a new level

They're calling it a 'draft tweak'.....I ask the AFL, why are you constantly tweaking stuff? Just leave things the F alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Are the AFL living in fantasy land?

How 'Secret Santa' could take the draft to a new level

They're calling it a 'draft tweak'.....I ask the AFL, why are you constantly tweaking stuff? Just leave things the F alone!!
    What an absolutely stupid idea

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Foxsports have posted an updated list of the 18 biggest name free agents still out of contract after this season:AFL player contracts, AFL free agents 2020: Biggest names out of contract, Jordan De Goey, Jeremy Cameron, Joe Daniher, Brad Crouch, Andrew Gaff | Fox Sports. I hope the link doesn't stuff up the thread!

Some key names include: Jordan De Goey & Darcy Moore, Joe Daniher, Andrew Gaff, Brad Crouch, Zac Williams, Christian Petracca and Jake Carlisle. Of those, it seems there is an existing interest in Daniher. I would support his recruitment if we are confident he will get his body right and he comes at the right price (in terms of $$ and picks). Of the rest, Brad Crouch, Moore and Petracca appeal. If we need a KPD we might consider Carlisle although he comes with asterisks. De Goey and Williams are talented but not priority needs for our list. Moore seems most likely unattainable but, who knows? If we don't get JD, I think we could find room for Moore if he was willing to come. Crouch is likely to be too expensive. Petracca hasn't shown himself to be an especially strong ball winner - I'd be more interested in Angus Brayshaw, but he must be contracted. Andrew Gaff is probably a bit older than we'd want and we have recruited (the so called) Andrew Gaff 2.0 (Dylan Stephens) already.

However, apart from JD, my suspicion is that we won't chase any of them. I think we are most likely to continue to place our faith in the list we have and I am content with this policy provided no glaring holes emerge as the season unfurls. The area which is currently most coming under scrutiny is our contested ball winning and whether we need inside mids. Will be good to see whether Florent and Hayward can start to win more of their own ball. If they can, and Gould can take over Mills backline role, freeing Mills to go into the midfield, and Rowbottom et al continue their development, we may not need to go to market to fill this need.