Page 160 of 452 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,909 to 1,920 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yay.
    He can take his toxicity back to GW$. Whatever a "line" coach is, I'm sure he'll stuff that up too.
    Best behinds coach we ever had.
    Leaves shoes for Buddy to fill.
    Toxicity? From all I’ve seen he seemed to be an absolute favourite of many of the young guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yay.
    He can take his toxicity back to GW$. Whatever a "line" coach is, I'm sure he'll stuff that up too.
    Best behinds coach we ever had.
    Leaves shoes for Buddy to fill.
    I don't understand the animosity toward Stevie J.

He coached one of the youngest forward lines and we were still one of the most efficient sides converting inside 50s into scores. I'm sorry to see him go.

Senior Player
    Jesse Hogan, anyone?

AFL trade news, rumours, whispers 2020: Joe Daniher Brisbane, Geelong, Shaun Higgins, Jesse Hogan contract | FOX SPORTS

I really like him when he's fit: excellent lead-up target. Only 25. Trade value has dropped. One year to go on his contract.

"Jesse Hogan Career Stats" https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...s--jesse-hogan

I guess, though, the guiding principle this year is not to eat into our draft hand unless spending on a gun (which he's not at this point).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Toxicity? From all I’ve seen he seemed to be an absolute favourite of many of the young guys.

Yes, I suspect he's somewhat responsible for Papley’s development.

With Stevie J out the door, I wonder if we'll get Tadhg back?

Suspended by the MRP

A big head who was a favourite among the big headed cohort of our playing group is not what I would consider to be a widespread appraisal of his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    A big head who was a favourite among the big headed cohort of our playing group is not what I would consider to be a widespread appraisal of his tenure.
    My comment was related to the ‘toxicity’ mentioned. In any case, I think the midfield coach/ coaches have a bit more to answer for than the forwards coach.

I can absolutely assure that was not the case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

He coached one of the youngest forward lines and we were still one of the most efficient sides converting inside 50s into scores. I'm sorry to see him go.
    He is just a really bad coach. No structures, no instruction. Quite petty and out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Well you would know better than me, just commenting on my take from the swans social media etc. what was the issue with Stevie from your source ?

Suspended by the MRP
    My comment was related to the ‘toxicity’ mentioned. In any case, I think the midfield coach/ coaches have a bit more to answer for than the forwards coach.

Yes and your personality only being suited to a certain type of player can lead to toxicity. If you ask Papley, Hayward, Blakey, McInerney their thoughts on Stevie J, of course they would love him. Like Stevie J, they have a bit of how-ya-goin' about them on and off the field. I know for a fact there are players on our list who have not warmed to Stevie J's character. And before you suggest that it is natural for people not to gravitate to certain others, while that is true, it is a coaches job to make himself accessible to every player under him, and adjust his demeanour to every player. That is what a leader does. It is why John Longmire is regarded as one of the best people persons in football. As I understand it Stevie J does not have this quality.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

Me neither. The club must have rated him as he was kept on while a number of other coaches were let go. Maybe he just
    got a better offer from GWS. He has a big family to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Me neither. The club must have rated him as he was kept on while a number of other coaches were let go. Maybe he just
    got a better offer from GWS. He has a big family to feed.
    I think he was kept as he had a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post

- - - Updated - - -

He is just a really bad coach. No structures, no instruction. Quite petty and out of his depth.
    Fair enough Barracuda. I reckon you have inside information that I don't (although you may wish to explain to Wolftone on the other thread). Annie do you have inside information too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Jesse Hogan, anyone?

AFL trade news, rumours, whispers 2020: Joe Daniher Brisbane, Geelong, Shaun Higgins, Jesse Hogan contract | FOX SPORTS

I really like him when he's fit: excellent lead-up target. Only 25. Trade value has dropped. One year to go on his contract.

"Jesse Hogan Career Stats" https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...s--jesse-hogan

I guess, though, the guiding principle this year is not to eat into our draft hand unless spending on a gun (which he's not at this point).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I suspect he's somewhat responsible for Papley’s development.
    I thought Hogan was worth a crack earlier in the year, but I think he's re-established his place in the last few weeks, and will now be much harder to prise out.
    Think he'd be a great pickup.