Page 260 of 452 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,109 to 3,120 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    In terms of a points deficit solution ...

There’s got to be a play we can make with Adelaide using pick 22. They’ve already got 1, 8 and 20, and then whatever they get for Crouch - likely to be around 20.

We then offer them 22, which they can bundle with others around the same mark to get another first round talent.

They then have a surplus of later picks starting at 29, 44 and 50.

A swap of 22 for some of those, which they aren’t likely to use anyway if they have four or five earlier picks, would get us extra points.

And if we have to throw in a third round from next year to juice the deal, so be it.

So something like 22 + next year’s third round for 29, 44 and 50.

It’s fairly balanced in total, but gives us an extra 400 this year.

hmmmm
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Here is a link:

Live Blog
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    In terms of a points deficit solution ...

There’s got to be a play we can make with Adelaide using pick 22. They’ve already got 1, 8 and 20, and then whatever they get for Crouch - likely to be around 20.

We then offer them 22, which they can bundle with others around the same mark to get another first round talent.

They then have a surplus of later picks starting at 29, 44 and 50.

A swap of 22 for some of those, which they aren’t likely to use anyway if they have four or five earlier picks, would get us extra points.

And if we have to throw in a third round from next year to juice the deal, so be it.

So something like 22 + next year’s third round for 29, 44 and 50.

It’s fairly balanced in total, but gives us an extra 400 this year.
    Adelaide will get pick 2 (that becomes 3) for Crouch. They will take Webster and Dunstan to help St Kilda ensure they can pay him the $700k minimum average over his new contract term to activate a compensation after their first round pick.
    You don't get a pick "around" anywhere. You get a pick relative to your existing draft pick. Hawthorn got pick 19 for Buddy for that reason.

Senior Player
    Have collated the attendees from the photos:

Charlie Byrne
    Pierce Roseby
    Joshua Green
    Samuel Frost
    Jack Driscoll
    Lachlan McAndrew
    Godfrey Okerenyang
    Marc Sheather
    Harry Grant
    Sam Thorne
    Nick Brewer
    Reed Van Huisstede
    Errol Gulden
    Kye Pfrengle
    Marco Rossman
    Braeden Campbell
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Gulden looks very powerful. Despite his height, I see him as an inside mid. Not a bull, but a badger. He should win a lot of free kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Adelaide will get pick 2 (that becomes 3) for Crouch. They will take Webster and Dunstan to help St Kilda ensure they can pay him the $700k minimum average over his new contract term to activate a compensation after their first round pick.
    You don't get a pick "around" anywhere. You get a pick relative to your existing draft pick. Hawthorn got pick 19 for Buddy for that reason.
    I still can't see Adelaide getting pick two for Crouch as compensation. For starters, it was reported that the AFL emailed clubs that "they should not expect to be fully compensated for the departure of their superstar free agents." Secondly, Webster's manager has denied having any conversations with Adelaide.

See this link

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Gulden looks very powerful. Despite his height, I see him as an inside mid. Not a bull, but a badger. He should win a lot of free kicks.
    Wow, finally our own knee dropper.

Veterans List
    I wonder how the trade process is going to work this year. Normally all clubs are located at Marvel stadium and trade negotiations between clubs happen. I doubt this will be the case this year due to the current border closures. Looks like there will be a lot of zoom meetings. Dodoro is going to be very busy!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I wonder how the trade process is going to work this year. Normally all clubs are located at Marvel stadium and trade negotiations between clubs happen. I doubt this will be the case this year due to the current border closures. Looks like there will be a lot of zoom meetings. Dodoro is going to be very busy! Chronically over rating Essendon players and under valuing players he's hoping to trade in
    Tidied that up for you Mel :-)

Adelaide news tonight reported Dodo has asked for a first for Fantasia, or Fanta sia as he was briefly known to BT

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Inside Trading: Free agents in limbo, Dons' first-round pick snag

This had an interesting little snippet regarding the Suns:

* Suns can list two Academy prospects without needing to draft them.
    * This means the Suns may need to take only one live pick to the draft. (They currently hold 5, 24, 33, 70, 78, 96).
    * They have picks 5 and 24, and may package them to move up the draft.
    * North Melbourne (2), Sydney (3) and Hawthorn (4) were listed as possibilities.
    * Suns could also swap second-round picks for future picks.

If we traded pick 3 to the Suns for 5 and 24, we would trade out a pick worth 2234 points but get back picks worth 1878 and 785 points. If this trade happened, we would move two spots down the first round but get back a valuable second-round pick.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

interesting TS

if the hawks bid on campbell at pick4 that might hurt in that we miss out on a pick3 before Campbell?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"