Page 181 of 452 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,172 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Simple for me we take the best player available with our first pick be that a key position player or a midfielder. We have plenty of holes to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Generic Trade News article on each clubs possible trade targets & picks in hand. With us, it suggests Connor Blakely & Pruess are on our radar. JD is favoured going to Brisbane. Jeremy Cameron could be possible target based on observation from Ross Lyon (would have shades of Buddy if this does eventuate!).

AFL trade news, rumours, whispers 2020: Club-by-club trade period guide, state of play, draft picks, who will be traded | FOX SPORTS
    Yep, it's approaching trade season and there's so many column inches to fill and so little REAL news so lets just kick the can around and see what we can invent!

Last year a friend kept a file of every touted rumour then looked at what transpired. You won't be surprised that most was just hot air and managers using supposed interest from other clubs to push up the contract price for a player staying put.

Believe nothing you read until it's a confirmation of a move story, as in they've signed on.

Its hard to believe the Jeremy Cameron to Swans story has any legs as it was just a off-the-cuff comment by Ross Lyon about things he thinks he like to see. Nothing from the swans, giants or cameron.
    Trade rumours are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its hard to believe the Jeremy Cameron to Swans story has any legs as it was just a off-the-cuff comment by Ross Lyon about things he thinks he like to see. Nothing from the swans, giants or cameron.
    Trade rumours are nuts.
    Agreed. Don't think we could afford him.

Not that I think that it is going to happen but I would rather have Cameron than Danihir.

Just as an aside, Harley Bennell has announced his retirement, promptly after costing the Dees a 50k fine. Former number 2 pick, just shows going high in the draft is no guarantee of a long and fruitful career. We dodged a bullet not picking him up for this season just past.

Warming the Bench
    Daniher to Lions makes sense for all parties, hope that happens and we continue with youth

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    Daniher to Lions makes sense for all parties, hope that happens and we continue with youth

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk
    I agree it makes sense for Daniher. Just not sure which young talls you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Totally unrealistic.

Florent and Hayward are both contracted till 2024. Horse loves them, and they seem to be inseparable.

I haven't heard anything about Hewett wanting to go 'home' to SA. I think his partner is from Sydney, and they just had a kid, so he probably calls Sydney home now. Anyway, he's another Longmire favourite. George is a very versatile player with good skills. You don't finish 2nd in the B&F unless the coaches think you're doing well.

I agree with you that we don't need to add to our midfielder numbers beyond Campbell and Gulden, and we need to focus on a ruckman and key forward.
    Ludwig, I guess where I'm coming from is that to get everything we need done, we will need to give up something.

Realistically, we only have enough currency in draft picks to use 3 and match for Campbell and Gulden (with likely deficit in 2021). If we want anyone else outside of this, it's either a free agent or trade. If we can use pick 3 on a tall, still leaves us needing to manufacture a trade to get a ruckman. To get a deal done on a promising ruckman, it's likely to be a second rounder or a player.

How would you engineer a trade for a ruckman if we don't trade one of our players? Future pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Ludwig, I guess where I'm coming from is that to get everything we need done, we will need to give up something.

Realistically, we only have enough currency in draft picks to use 3 and match for Campbell and Gulden (with likely deficit in 2021). If we want anyone else outside of this, it's either a free agent or trade. If we can use pick 3 on a tall, still leaves us needing to manufacture a trade to get a ruckman. To get a deal done on a promising ruckman, it's likely to be a second rounder or a player.

How would you engineer a trade for a ruckman if we don't trade one of our players? Future pick?
    RD, I agree with you 100%, we have to give something up, particularly to get a ruckman as there aren’t any FA available.

Of the options trading a future pick (and even getting a lower pick in this years draft back) might be the least worst.

If there’s a player who wants to “go home” we might get something. But fringe players aren’t worth much, your suggestions would have currency.

Alternative would be to split pick 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    RD, I agree with you 100%, we have to give something up, particularly to get a ruckman as there aren’t any FA available.

Of the options trading a future pick (and even getting a lower pick in this years draft back) might be the least worst.

If there’s a player who wants to “go home” we might get something. But fringe players aren’t worth much, your suggestions would have currency.

Alternative would be to split pick 3.
    There's also salary cap issues. Not sure where we are on that but if we're close to the limit, getting rid of a bunch of rookies on minimum salary and replacing with more established talent, is going to tip us over. It's all so complicated, I feel like my head is going to explode thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    There's also salary cap issues. Not sure where we are on that but if we're close to the limit, getting rid of a bunch of rookies on minimum salary and replacing with more established talent, is going to tip us over. It's all so complicated, I feel like my head is going to explode thinking about it!
    Not sure how we would be.

Obviously Buddy is on a ridiculous amount but after him there wouldn't be too many on much as we don't exactly have a line up of stars. Heeney, Parker, maybe Mills, maybe Lloyd, maybe Rampe. JPK near the end.