Page 69 of 452 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    What we need most is someone who can play ruck or forward/ruck, like a healthy Daniher, or Peter Wright, or Preuss or Chol. All the other positions are well covered.
    After seeing the footage of Chol being inappropriately touched by his teammates we should have a quiet word to him.

I like Sier but any mention of using pick 2 as part of that deal is crazy. Same with Mabior Chol.

I think we take pick 2, Campbell, and Gulden. If we do any trading this year it will involve our 2021 picks.

Pick 2 should be for the best mid available, and should be in our mids Round one, end of story.

Draft mids buy Key position players.

Put 5kgs on Blakey, give him a tank and start turning him into a midfielder, we are at a turning point for him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    After seeing the footage of Chol being inappropriately touched by his teammates we should have a quiet word to him.
    Disgusting behaviour.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We all know that the Swans have been a net loser in recruitment the past few years (Hanners, Jones, Cameron, etc.). Instead of recruiting players from other clubs, for whatever reason, we have gone to the draft. My oft repeated reason, I believe, was to transition the team to one with more speed and skills. If we now go out and recruit midfielders from other clubs we undermine the development of those players we drafted by not doing exactly that. It would be a reversal of policy without first seeing the effectiveness of the current policy. Flip-flopping like that really doesn't accomplish anything. For better or worse, we have to see the current program through. In a few years we can step back and evaluate what we've done and pass judgment.
    With all young footballers our boys need: maturity both body and mind, learning the game, learning where to place themselves at stoppages, learning where and when to run to space, read the play and fall of the ball, and above all more games under their belt. We also over handball through the midfield at times when it isn't necessary and delay going forward. On Saturday's effort we don't lack endevour. Taylor got himself into the game but at times but wasn't clear to take a handball. He has enormous pace and was much harder at the ball last night. Bell is improving with game time and Stephens looks a natural and appears better each game. Ludwig is spot on; give it time.

At some point, and hopefully this season, it will all click. Maybe this will happen when Buddy returns.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Disgusting behaviour.
    School boy bully stuff. I suspect they singled him out as other players wouldn't tolerate that immaturity. Big bodied but small minded people. Pure and simple sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    School boy bully stuff. I suspect they singled him out as other players wouldn't tolerate that immaturity. Big bodied but small minded people. Pure and simple sexual harassment.
    Unbelievable that this would happen in this day and age. And it seems that it had happened earlier, as Chol approaches the circle protecting his genitals. I only saw Richmond's No1 harassing Chol, but really the 2 offenders should be suspended by the club.

Not condoning it, but it wasn't Chol who complained and according to AFL (who we of course trust for their hard-hitting journalism). Chol said he took no offence and had "no issue whatsoever with those players, or any of my teammates".

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not condoning it, but it wasn't Chol who complained and according to AFL (who we of course trust for their hard-hitting journalism). Chol said he took no offence and had "no issue whatsoever with those players, or any of my teammates".
    Yes, that quote is in the the club's press release, but he didn't look comfortable with it while it was going on, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Really, what else could he say? He's a fringe player, wanting to be accepted by the group. He was clearly uncomfortable and shielding his genital region.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I like Sier but any mention of using pick 2 as part of that deal is crazy. Same with Mabior Chol.

I think we take pick 2, Campbell, and Gulden. If we do any trading this year it will involve our 2021 picks.
    Im pretty sure if we finish above Freo we still get a higher pick as they have a deficit from last year.
    I.E. if they are 2nd last and we are 3rd last we still get Pick 2

These are the latest Draft Central rankings. They have Campbell at 6 and Gulden only rates a brief mention, as having top 25 potential. However, they're from a week ago, so it will be interesting if their next rankings, have Gulden bumped up significantly, after yesterday's performance in the academy game.

Draft Central Power Rankings: August 2020 - Aussie Rules Draft Central

Also, before reading that, I didn't know that the Sydney AFL comp is going on, and that Campbell is apparently starring in it. In his first two games, he kicked 6 goals and was among the best in both.