Page 142 of 452 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,693 to 1,704 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

There have been a few contracted players deciding to “retire” in recent years, which has always felt extremely dodgy to me. But not at the Swans with the exception of Tippo who was genuinely forced to retire!

My list changes would be:

Delist: Knoll, E Taylor, Reynolds, Ling, Stoddart, Rowles, Maibaum
    Rookie list: Naismith

Assume we draft in Daniher and trade Reid (though keep Reid if we can't trade Daniher).

Best 22 looks like:

Papley Daniher Wicks
    Hayward Buddy Blakey
    Florent Heeney Rowbottom
    Lloyd Rampe Dawson
    Cunningham McCartin Fox
    Naismith Parker Mills
    Aliir Stephens JPK McInerney
    E: Melican Hewett O'Riordan Thurlow

If Buddy or Daniher go down, McCartin to play forward and Melican to come in.

Solid team but we are lacking in the ruck department and desperately need to trade one in and ideally draft one.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I saw an interview on twitter with a Tla player agent this morning who said they (AFL and Union) are closing in on a list size including cat A rookies of 42 for 2020. Given the current size is 44 (38 + 6) this is only a cut of 2.
    Good, I thought the AFLPA, correctly for once, would play hard on this one. Save the money by big cuts at the bloated AFLHQ not by cutting the people who are on the ground!

Down two is a non event really

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Assume we draft in Daniher and trade Reid (though keep Reid if we can't trade Daniher).

Best 22 looks like:

Papley Daniher Wicks
    Hayward Buddy Blakey
    Florent Heeney Rowbottom
    Lloyd Rampe Dawson
    Cunningham McCartin Fox
    Naismith Parker Mills

Solid team but we are lacking in the ruck department and desperately need to trade one in and ideally draft one.
    That our team squad at the moment; solid; won't make finals for years.

We may beat a team off their game, but as show by Brisbane, when they put the hammer down, the blow right past us.

To many players who belong in the amateurs, such as Fox and O'Riordan.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Best 22 looks like:

Papley Daniher Wicks
    Hayward Buddy Blakey
    Florent Heeney Rowbottom
    Lloyd Rampe Dawson
    Cunningham McCartin Fox
    Naismith Parker Mills

I agree with most of these delist suggestions, but would give Ling and Stoddart more time. We've only tried them a handful of times and would like to see them both in the system for another year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    That our team squad at the moment; solid; won't make finals for years.

We may beat a team off their game, but as show by Brisbane, when they put the hammer down, the blow right past us.

To many players who belong in the amateurs, such as Fox and O'Riordan.
    I think you're being too harsh Cosmic. Fox has been outstanding down back. I'd be confident that if the team Captain suggested is fielded without injury next year, we'll be back in the finals race. The glass is always half full with me!

I think Port delisting is very different from us delisting as we are in a completely different boat - they think they are in the window while we are in the development phase .
    I reckon we need more time to know about Ling. But we have had enough time developing stoddardt. I guess the question for the recruiters would be - can we find more value in other delisted players from other clubs than stoddardt. I think the answer would be Yes. Also our need may change as we now have more depth in the back half. We need solid midfielders who could step in and do the job - we are bare thin on that. I would cut him lose and find a value midfielder delisted from another club.
    I am sure there are players who would mature a bit later and maybe after a jolt of delisting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Now this won't happen but if the Hawks out Gunston and Breust up for trade, we could nab them and have a 2013 GF winning forward line with Buddy! Throw in Isaac Smith for a Hawks reunion.
    Why would we trade in two players who are close to retirement? That is just inane.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    North have just delisted 11 players.

Warming the Bench
    Wow...taht includes Jasper Pittard, Daw.. looks like its curtains for those guys.. if you have been cut by a team on the bottom, chances are they will not get a look in anywhere else

On the Rookie List
    I suppose it comes down to an known and unknown quantities. There will be plenty of clubs delisting players with the view to redrafting them.
    I would like to see Ling get a reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    North have just delisted 11 players.
    Seems a bit extreme. While they currently have picks 2 and 10 in the first round, and an early second rounder, they don't have another pick until the fourth round. So, to replace those that they've culled, the either have to get lucky at the bottom end of the draft and the rookie draft, or trade players in. I'm not sure how attractive an option North would be, for players open to changing clubs, since they're now probably favourites for next year's wooden spoon.

hmmm
    the market is opening wider it appears
    if we continue the picking up glass to turn into diamonds maybe it will work?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"