Page 242 of 452 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,893 to 2,904 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I wonder if having a rich history, a plethora of past players and a genuine soul makes difference to the culture?
    Genuine community origins counts for a bit too.

So after 2 years of living out his dream of going home to the Perth, he's willing to cut the apron strings for another venture out in the big boys world. Hard to hold back the tears.

Freo paid a lot for Hogan, considering what they got out of him: Picks 6 and 23. It's a tough call with Hogan; a good player with 'issues'. He does a lot of dumb things, both on and off the field, but when he's on his game he's a very good key forward.

The main part of the trades suggested involve swapping picks 3 and 10, which gets us to a high to mid 2nd round pick in value points. So Freo can look back and say they just blew away a pick 6. So it goes.

I think the numbers work well for us if we decide that Hogan is the player we want to carry our forward line for the next 6 or 7 years. I'm ambivalent about it. I'll have to mull it over and see what else is available.

On the Rookie List
    I am not sure that I understand the willingness to trade pick 3 to avoid a deficit in future years. Pick 3, Campbell and Gulden could be a transformative draft.
    To my mind pick 3 should only be traded if something remarkable is on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I am not sure that I understand the willingness to trade pick 3 to avoid a deficit in future years. Pick 3, Campbell and Gulden could be a transformative draft.
    To my mind pick 3 should only be traded if something remarkable is on the table.
    I agree

And that is precisely how Mr. Beatson will treat it.

Go Bloods

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    One other option if - and appreciate it is an if - the club decides Hogan can rediscover his best (which is bloody good).

So pick 3 and 22 to Freo, for their pick 10 and 28 and Hogan - which equals around pick 18 before any changes to the draft order. Therefore probably 25 after father-son and NGAs factored in, and maybe another late pick swap to balance things a bit more our way.
    I would love to negotiate with some of you on here!

If Hogan is worth a high second round pick, give them pick 22 for him. Don't burn pick 3. Ditto for Hayes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    What about giving Fremantle pick 3 and future 3rd round pick getting Hogan, pick 10 and 2nd round pick?
    Don't want Hogan. Has issues and besides he is a lazy footballer.

Veterans List
    Yep.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    One other option if - and appreciate it is an if - the club decides Hogan can rediscover his best (which is bloody good).

We probably wanted to use pick 3 on a tall forward, given our list profile, and we have Campbell and Gulden coming in as mids. But there is a risk the best tall forwards - JUH, McDonald and Tillthorpe - are gone before our pick. And Grainger Barrass is a defender.

So pick 3 and 22 to Freo, for their pick 10 and 28 and Hogan - which equals around pick 18 before any changes to the draft order. Therefore probably 25 after father-son and NGAs factored in, and maybe another late pick swap to balance things a bit more our way.

That gives us a key forward, plenty for Campbell and Gulden - and still another late pick or so, as well as no draft deficit next year.
    Just to be clear, I wouldn’t go after Hogan myself.

I’m simply saying IF the club views him as capable of getting back to his best, how could they approach it.

And let’s remember, the club felt last year it was willing - even if Daniher initiated the conversation - to give up pick 9 and a future first for a broken down crock.

Again, not a deal I would have done but offers a benchmark on their potential thinking.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Adelaide radio reporting Port have made an offer for Aliir

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yep.
    Maybe we have all of it. Pick 3, campbell, gulden and hogan for pick 22. Exchange some future 2nd for this years 2nd rounder and a future third for this years third

Warming the Bench
    My insider at the Dockers says he is a bad egg... with little capacity to grow up. Hogan would be good from a footballing point of view. His salary is North of 600K, so if Sydney were to take a gamble on him, Freo would need to pay a fair amount. I'd rather we didn't take him. Prefer taking Paddy McCartin for a snippit of his salary. It is a no from me