Page 396 of 396 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396
Results 4,741 to 4,752 of 4752

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You have to click it again to remove it from "multipost". It's annoying that it doesn't automatically do remove it once you've included it in a multipost response, but unfortunately it doesn't. (And BF, which has a more sophisticated forum system, has exactly the same issue.)
    Thanks liz. And for figuring out what I meant. Now I have to find out where the posts that I've been quoting the past few days came from to unclick them. Sighh.

707, thanks for digging out that quote about the mid-season drafts in 2021. I don't know whether we'll attempt to draft more than one person over the year but our low ranking could help us. I keep feeling a rare burst of warmth for Hawthorn and their soundly beating the Suns in the last round, every time I think about it.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    The one you're linking here is not the same as it would have been at the start of the 2020 season.
    My apologies it was done in haste while on a lunch break that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I quite like our pick a toy and describe it question. I imagine it's a bit like the old Rorschach ink blot test. In that it's unlikely to have any quantifiable diagnostic value, but it's likely to break the ice, ease any tension that may be in the room and give some sort of insight into what the prospective player might be interested in. It would also give a vague indication of communication ability.

I think less of Essendon's counting and spelling backwards questions. The people who are most likely to be pressured by that, are those that aren't all that good at counting or spelling. So, it's not really a great measure of the ability to perform under pressure. And I suspect that there's been a fair few past football greats, who weren't particularly gifted with letters or numbers.

good news to read Charlie Gardiner talking about a commitment to rookie Fox.
    https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/838676/key-quotes-charlie-gardiner-on-sen

There was an age article - I think on possible de-list nuggets - which definitely said that “due to change in rules Sydney can now place Fox directly on the Rookie List. They may be wrong of course but that is what it said

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    ... I think less of Essendon's counting and spelling backwards questions. The people who are most likely to be pressured by that, are those that aren't all that good at counting or spelling. So, it's not really a great measure of the ability to perform under pressure. And I suspect that there's been a fair few past football greats, who weren't particularly gifted with letters or numbers.
    I am a guinea pig in a research program which involves backwards spelling and/or counting. It makes sense in what applies to me but it has nothing whatsoever to do with playing football. Smoke and mirrors in Essendon.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I am a guinea pig in a research program which involves backwards spelling and/or counting. ............. it has nothing whatsoever to do with playing football. Smoke and mirrors in Essendon.
    Either that or srorrim dna ekomS
    Last edited by The Big Cat; Yesterday at 03:13 PM.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Kind of cool story about Papley and his draft year in 2015: AFL Draft Sydney Swans how did Tom Papley slip through to the rookie draft?. The best bit is the insight Kinnear Beats on gives at the end into the cat and mouse games recruiters play in trying to influence other picks so that you can get the players you want.

Kind of cool story about Papley and his draft year in 2015: AFL Draft Sydney Swans how did Tom Papley slip through to the rookie draft?. The best bit is the insight Kinnear Beats on gives at the end into the cat and mouse games recruiters play in trying to influence other picks so that you can get the players you want.
    Thanks for sharing bloodspirit. Nice bit of backstory on Tom and Kinnear.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    good news to read Charlie Gardiner talking about a commitment to rookie Fox.
    https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/838676/key-quotes-charlie-gardiner-on-sen
    Great news.

Senior Player
    Great article.