Page 383 of 452 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433 ... LastLast
Results 4,585 to 4,596 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I think thatMcDonald would be a great fit for us. AFAIK he’s a good defender and in a good age demographic for us.

On another issue; WTF happened with Galluci? He made a great start in his first season for the Crows. Is he prone to injury?
    Galluci not dedicated to making the most of his abilities as a footballer, another first round bust for the Crows

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What's wrong with Mason Wood?
    I'm not sure but he doesn't makes near Wooden Spooners Norf's best 30 so something is wrong!

For those bemoaning the Fox delisting, Will Gould is a very good player, I expect him to arrive with a bang this year, the guy is a very good footballer and person.
    Last edited by 707; 25th November 2020 at 12:36 AM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Feels like we have taken the training wheels off, particularly in the backline. I guess we’ll see who swims and who sinks.
    Pretty reckless if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    We are going to look silly if the trust we put in the youth backfires.

I 've been lambasted for being too hard on the youth on our list .. maybe so , but there is not one of them who i would say with reasonable confidence is going to be elite. Maybe Dawson, maybe Rowbottom, maybe Mccartin. Possibly Blakey but every chance he also ends up a bust, could go either way . Stephens, Campbell Gulden etc unproven.

Maybe maybe maybes. Not what id call a solid plan that can reassure a lot of fans going forward. Hey support us and our bunch of could-bes ! They are bloody lucky that most of us the good sort will do so .

Hope the club knows what is doing and is prepared to cop to their poor judgment calls if this youth doesn't turn out as they hope it will.
    I reckon we are on the right track. I cannot certainly guarantee if any of our players will be elite or not but there is a long list of players who would turn above average.

Dawson, Rowbottom, McCartin, Papley, Heeney, Mills, Mcinereney, Blakey, Stephens, Campbell, Pick 3

We just need an above average player in the middle of the field and in forward half and I think we would have a very good nucleus of players

Senior Player
    How does Naismith keep his spot on the senior list?

Surely he was one who should’ve been shuffled to the rookie list

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You forgot the 20% discount which brings pick 7 down to 1315 points. I calculate that if Gulden goes at 20, that's another 715 points for a total required of 2030. I also calculate our points, excluding pick 3, at 2015, so it's as close a match as you can get. If Campbell gets a bid at 7, then I don't think there will also be an early bid on Gulden. And I think it's a certainty that we take Gulden. The alternative would be to take someone with a pick in the 40s.

I think we can squeeze more points out of our 2 picks in the 30s. I think the chance of us going into deficit next year is very slim.

Fox certainly was unlucky to get delisted. I rate Fox a better defender than COR and a bit quicker as well. But COR has a better feel for transitioning from defence to offence and more flexibility to play other positions. Fox found his spot as a lock down defender, but wasn't consistent when played in other spots. COR offers a bit more versatility than Fox. Nonetheless, Fox becomes one of a fair number of good players who got cut.

I saw Quinton Narkle was delisted by Geelong. I thought he was a good prospect, especially for an aging side.
    Narkle was re-signed for 1 year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something is brewing - AA , Thurlow , Fox all departing the backline rotation

Maybe Tom Mcacrtin after a small amount of time down back is truly considered as a first choice defender ? I struggle to see a clear vision of how tom will be used down back vs fast tall forwards? I see .ore upside for tom as a forward.

But

If sinkers now gets more time forward?
    If Reid and Bud take the field up front?
    If paddy joins and can get his mojo back?
    That's a lot of tall forwards.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm not sure but he doesn't makes near Wooden Spooners Norf's best 30 so something is wrong!

For those bemoaning the Fox delisting, Will Gould is a very good player, I expect him to arrive with a bang this year, the guy is a very good footballer and person.
    Fox is a totally different type of player. If there is a replacement it is someone else.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Goes up to 11
    Not sure what Ronke's done to earn another year. Strange decision to keep him and get rid of Fox.

I'd guess that we're strongly considering Grainger-Barras with our first pick, given we've let go three defenders (including Aliir).

I think we will pick a tall defender cheap in the 2nd or 3rd draft

My gut feeling is that take a tall forward or mid with our pick 3

With Fox, we would have known we were going to let him go, and probably shopped him around during the trade period because we would have taken a 4th or 5th round pick just for points value.

Obviously, no takers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Always so negative! We could trade pick 80 for Dustin Martin and you’d still find a way to bag the club.
    Ah yes, wanting to keep Fox, a player who found his home in the backline and started to play some excellent football, is so negative.

Thanks for your input. As usual it is consistently garbage.