Page 66 of 452 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Whatever our top pick is (looks like 2,3,4) we simply must take the best available player. I'd prefer a mid, but if there's a KPP to good to overlook then we have to take them.

Talk of splitting or trading the pick is ridiculous given where the list is at

If we have to go into deficit for Campbell and Gulden so be it, they are known entities in a year when drafting is going to be particularly tricky
    I agree with this. Particularly the last paragraph. I am open to trading for a ready made player, like Matt Crouch if we thought he was what we need (but I think pick 2 would be slight overs for him), and so I would consider splitting the pick to make a trade for an A grader like that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Correct. Whether paps goes or stays is irrelevant to us getting Daniher.
    Maybe there is a long bow you could draw that daniher's salary might squeeze someone out, but I can assure you it wont be papley.

Papley will go if he's desperate to go to Victoria.
    I agree about not connecting the two players.

I don't agree Papley will go if he's desperate. He can't. He's contracted. The only way he could go without our consent is by retiring. That isn't remotely likely so I don't think he could even credibly threaten that.

Last time around the club weren't convinced about his motives for leaving. They didn't buy that the family reasons were the whole story. Unless that changes I strongly hope they don't change our approach either.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Does anyone know if we can use pick 2 and still get both Campbell and Gulden?
    Should have enough to cover Campbell and if Gulden is second round the deficit comes off our second round pick next year.

After the first round the discount is a fixed 197 points so if Gulden doesn't get bid on until say 30 the deficit won't be much.

A no brainer we take pick 2, Campbell and Gulden, the latter two we know so much about in a draft where more than half the players won't have any 2020 form.

Can no one on this forum ever mention Matt Crouch again, ever! He is a slow stat padder with poor disposal and poor vision. Suggest you visit the Big Footy Crows forum to see that 95% of their supporters want him to leave, they'll give him away. Don't mention his name again, please.

Chol on the other hand?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I agree about not connecting the two players.

I don't agree Papley will go if he's desperate. He can't. He's contracted. The only way he could go without our consent is by retiring. That isn't remotely likely so I don't think he could even credibly threaten that.

Last time around the club weren't convinced about his motives for leaving. They didn't buy that the family reasons were the whole story. Unless that changes I strongly hope they don't change our approach either.
    Had the stench of a player manager.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    There are no ruckmen of note in this draft, a couple of rated forwards who could chop out in the ruck but no ruckmen.
    Riley Thilthorpe
    Touted as a first rounder Draft Central Power Rankings: July 2020 - Aussie Rules Draft Central “He’s your modern, AFL-style ruckman who can rack up 25 possessions.’’ Torrens University Draft Target - Riley Thilthorpe - SANFL

He's played six SANFL seniors games this season, the most recent as first ruck for West Adelaide (the Bloods).
    In that game he got monstered by the SANFL's leading tap ruckman - at this stage of his development he'd normally only be doing the chop out job.
    He'll certainly not be ready for 1st ruck in the AFL for a couple of years - so suggest we should pick up Nanny to tide us over as the Tiges seemed to prefer Soldo even before Nanny did an ankle). As Nanny is also out of contract I think, so he may come cheap? - (we still need Campbell and Errol, my favourite ressies Oompa Loompa) - and Nanny's only about to turn 26.
    And while Thilithorpe is developing, he'll spend time forward. A Blakey, McCartin, Thilthorpe key forward contingent spearheading the 2023 flag challenge sounds nice.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

On the topic of rucks, this article is really interesting: iview