Page 388 of 452 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438 ... LastLast
Results 4,645 to 4,656 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Tigers have cut Derek Eggmolesse-Smith who I thought looked very handy and picked up Brownlow votes when he played.
    Excellent kick. Would be a handy recruit for some clubs. I would take him for the Swans, but only if he makes a couple minor adjustments to his name, changing it to Derickx Eggmolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    But surely this would’ve been done in the trade period wouldn’t it? Unless the swans railroaded him and gave him no intention they weren’t planning to re-sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are probably right. I’m just trying to make some sense of the chaos. I’m not succeeding.

Different clubs seem to be using different language around “delisting”. SEN reporting “The Bulldogs have delisted Ben Cavarra, Will Hayes and Roarke Smith, though the club may re-draft all three.”

Lions, Giants, Dogs and Saints add to list changes

Knowing the Swans they are letting the Fox explore his options to see if he can find a primary list spot, but will (ref Barracuda) take him on if no one else does!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought this was an odd deal, considering it involved a pick that Adelaide won't be using:

The only thing I could think of to justify this trade is to get 32 extra points for a pick swap with the Swans, trading our pick 34 for Adelaide's picks 40, 56 and 63. Let's see what happens here. Also, Adelaide is the only club at this point we could swap picks with that would make sense to both clubs (there could be other pick swaps that change things).

Jackson Trengove wouldn't be the worst choice for the Swans, if we wanted to add depth to our defence and back up ruck stocks. Would certainly obviate the need to draft a key defender like DGB. He brings the experience we lack in tall defenders and gives the younger prospects time to develop. Nonetheless, I don't see it happening. It runs counter to our youth movement, although we did make an exception with Hickey.

As much as cutting Fox looks to be a mistake, I feel dropping Stoddart is an even greater mistake. If I could take only one back on our list, it would be Stoddart.
    Don't like Stoddart. I thought he was a lightweight compared to say McInerney. The Swans were right to cut him.

As to the Adelaide pick swap, I hope you are right

As much as I liked the fellow taswegian Fox I think he played this year because the club thought for whatever reason Gould was not quite ready . I can’t see Fox and Gould playing in the same team together going forward . If Gould doesn’t play next year we take the risk of losing him for more opportunities. As much as it stings If we are to take any steps forward Fox would need to become a depth player at best .

Here's one more article on COR and how much playing for Tipperary meant to him. Charlie Gardiner adds some nice words too.

From Tipperary to Sydney: Colin O’Riordan’s Munster medal celebrated on two continents

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    As much as I liked the fellow taswegian Fox I think he played this year because the club thought for whatever reason Gould was not quite ready . I can’t see Fox and Gould playing in the same team together going forward . If Gould doesn’t play next year we take the risk of losing him for more opportunities. As much as it stings If we are to take any steps forward Fox would need to become a depth player at best .

Totally but he was a depth player anyway before this year, and proved a more than solid option this season . If Gould isn’t up to it round 1, or gets injured, would be nice to have some depth. Something the swans aren’t flush with, other than in the small forward position ( quantity not necessarily quality )

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Excellent kick. Would be a handy recruit for some clubs. I would take him for the Swans, but only if he makes a couple minor adjustments to his name, changing it to Derickx Eggmolest.
    I was going to say Jackson Trengove is your new Tom Derickx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post

And Rampe got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Here's one more article on COR and how much playing for Tipperary meant to him. Charlie Gardiner adds some nice words too.

From Tipperary to Sydney: Colin O’Riordan’s Munster medal celebrated on two continents
    Lovely article. Thanks for the heads-up on this one, Mark26.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post

Thanks for posting Mark26! Great stuff! Well done, COR!

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/sta...24535720370176

Sydney has re-signed Ben Ronke and Hayden McLean as part of their list lodgement today
    @AFLcomau

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/sta...24535720370176

Sydney has re-signed Ben Ronke and Hayden McLean as part of their list lodgement today
    @AFLcomau
    Wow. Ronke over Fox. At a risk of being in the firing line for being negative, WTAF is that !