Page 67 of 452 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Paps again heavily involved in the swans debutant reveal for Wicks ( enjoying these this year, this was probably my favourite one though, ET one pretty good too ) . I can’t see Paps leaving, he’s the kings of the kids! Who knows how it will pan out but you can’t say he looks to be unhappy at the club .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Ben Brown now being the latest media trade speculation (particularly on SEN), i'm hypothesizing whether a swap with Joe Daniher would be fair and beneficial for both North & Essendon? They're both RFAs with Ben now also having to battle knee injury. If this were to take place, my understanding of the rules is neither club would receive a compensation pick because you don't receive one if you also trade in a RFA in the same year? Most unlikely trade anyhow.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Paps again heavily involved in the swans debutant reveal for Wicks ( enjoying these this year, this was probably my favourite one though, ET one pretty good too ) . I can’t see Paps leaving, he’s the kings of the kids! Who knows how it will pan out but you can’t say he looks to be unhappy at the club .

He would be even better if Buddy was playing. By the way can't wait for his comeback.

With Papley, keep him until he has one year left on his contract. Offer him an upgraded contract in exchange for an extension. If he agrees, great! If he refuses, then trade him.

I thought Sier played well last night. He's a big unit - might be useful to have his bulk on our team to create a bit more time and space for Rowbottom, Oli, Stephens et al.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I thought Sier played well last night. He's a big unit - might be useful to have his bulk on our team to create a bit more time and space for Rowbottom, Oli, Stephens et al.
    Would love to see Sier come to Sydney.

Agreed - a nice replacement for Josh

What would a guy like Sier be worth? Could we split pick 2, get Sier, use the rest on gulden and Campbell so as not to go into deficit? Or trade pick 2 to Melbourne for one of their inside mids (Oliver or Brayshaw?). Just feel we need someone else in the guts to support the young guys.

2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

What would a guy like Sier be worth? Could we split pick 2, get Sier, use the rest on gulden and Campbell so as not to go into deficit? Or trade pick 2 to Melbourne for one of their inside mids (Oliver or Brayshaw?). Just feel we need someone else in the guts to support the young guys.
    Depends on his contract status, but realistically he’s not exactly a walk up starter for the pies side ( admittedly they have a very strong midfield ) . Mid - late Second rounder I would think

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Assuming Adelaide don't do this first, try to draft Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, and make the Bulldogs tap out their picks to get him. (Their current first three picks: round 1, Adelaide's round 3 pick, round 3. These should be roughly sufficient to match pick 2 with the 20% discount.)

If the Bulldogs don't match, we get a very good player.

If the Bulldogs match, draft the best available player. Either Phillips or Thilthorpe? While Hollands could be chosen, I would prefer players who didn't have a history of injury.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Not a bad strategy, although it is predicated on finishing 16 (above Freo) or 17. I'd like to think we are a chance of beating Freo. Wouldn't mind seeing Buddy get a game before the year is done!

Disagree about recruiting Sier, or any midfielder for that matter.

It's not quite evident now, because we have so many young players, but we really have an excess of midfielders, whether you call them inside, outside, on-ballers, or whatever. It will be hard to keep all the midfielders we want who are presently on our list for lack of spots, which will be even more the case once Campbell and Gulden are added this draft.

The only way to get a handle on this is to go through the list and slot in the players you think will be in our best 22 in 2022. You can even leave out JPK. You will likely find that there are more than just a handful of players you think will be in the 22 but are not. I have at least 10. They include players like Ling, Stoddart, McInerney, Warner, COR, Campbell, Gulden, Wicks, Ronke, just to name a few. There are more. Maybe not everyone rates them as potential best 22, but I think most of them should fight for selection.

What we need most is someone who can play ruck or forward/ruck, like a healthy Daniher, or Peter Wright, or Preuss or Chol. All the other positions are well covered.