Page 150 of 452 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,789 to 1,800 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

MacDonald , Tillthorp or Hollands I would be happy with either one of them . They all bring to the table something we need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCartin has found his spot and it would be difficult to dislodge him from the back half. We get one forward drafted and one forward traded and one ruck traded in Along with Campbell and gulden - that would be a great end to the year.

Somebody already mentioned Schache. He's got so much talent. If we could find the way to harness it, we'd get him for very little I reckon.

Some talk - admittedly mostly from Damian Barrett - about a player exodus and discontent at the Bombers and Dodoro's position in danger.

Is there a player exodus looming at Essendon?
    Senior Essendon players left unhappy over handling of Tom Bellchambers retirement

Players I would put on the trade table: Florent, Hayward, Thurlow, Clarke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Some talk - admittedly mostly from Damian Barrett - about a player exodus and discontent at the Bombers and Dodoro's position in danger.

Is there a player exodus looming at Essendon?
    Senior Essendon players left unhappy over handling of Tom Bellchambers retirement
    Dodoro doesn't help them, but he's also likely to be unreasonable and intransigent re Daniher to save face. Annoying.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Somebody already mentioned Schache. He's got so much talent. If we could find the way to harness it, we'd get him for very little I reckon.
    Sorry Webbo, too many fails. Just hasn't cut it in the big time.

With McCartin doing so well as a KPD and Aliir looking as though he could become a good forward/ruck with a pre-season of training, we don't seem so vulnerable at any position going into 2021.

We certainly need more ruck coverage and it's not clear how that comes about, especially as there are several clubs looking for ruckman for next year.

Reid looked a lot better today than last week and expect that he can fill a KPP role adequately enough if we have someone, like Buddy, to take the #1 forward role. We will have to get a forward, like Daniher as a FA, or a KPF in the draft, to get us into the post Buddy era.

I like Dawson in defence, but with Rampe returning and Gould, Brand and O'Connor perhaps challenging for spots in defence, a versatile player like Dawson is likely to show up on the wing or half forward.

I wouldn't be looking to change too much other than these things in the post-season and go into 2021 with the same hand as this year, for the most part.

What about McCartin's brother? Big unit and key forward target. I know he has had concussion issues but now St Kilda has King and a functioning forward line, they may let him go cheap. Having the 2 McCartin boys would be a positive

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    What about McCartin's brother? Big unit and key forward target. I know he has had concussion issues but now St Kilda has King and a functioning forward line, they may let him go cheap. Having the 2 McCartin boys would be a positive
    I dont think he is on their list anymore. Delisted last year possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    I dont think he is on their list anymore. Delisted last year possibly?
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p54jb9.html

Could be worth a gamble with a late pick?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    Players I would put on the trade table: Florent, Hayward, Thurlow, Clarke
    This is a joke right? Firstly, we would get next to nothing back in trading Thurlow and Clarke and I admit I saw both these guys getting delisted a month ago. Their improved recent form warrants them staying on our list. Florent and Hayward are still young talents and I was frustrated with them today with their non-clean hands but they weren't alone. I still have a lot of time for Florent as he knows where to run and has a real crack. I think he'll develop into a very important player for us with more confidence and experience. Hayward is an interesting but talented player. My gut feel is that he may be a better player behind the ball rather than freelancing ahead of the ball. I don't question his effort but he can get lost across half forward.