Page 81 of 452 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    . . .
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 12th August 2020 at 06:04 PM.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Lachie was disappointed someone can be looked after ($$$) like that and be very non commital and out of it. All while he was trying to get looked after himself...... Was hitting them pretty well at Royal Freo before he left too Lachie

How true that is... same thing that I heard too He didn't mind getting on the juice. Having said that he had enough of being the fall guy, and playing second fiddle to a certain Brownlow medalist and said enough was enough.....

- - - Updated - - -

The Duke?
    Colts/ex state 18s coach[/QUOTE]

The Duke of Earl

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=waswan;799497]Lachie was disappointed someone can be looked after ($$$) like that and be very non commital and out of it. All while he was trying to get looked after himself...... Was hitting them pretty well at Royal Freo before he left too Lachie

- - - Updated - - -

How true that is... same thing that I heard too He didn't mind getting on the juice. Having said that he had enough of being the fall guy, and playing second fiddle to a certain Brownlow medalist and said enough was enough....

Suspended by the MRP
    I've seen rumours online that the certain Brownlow Medalist was actually no one's choice for captain except the coach and chairman. Combined with the above speculation, it sounds like a playing group in disarray. Might explain the exodus of players Fremantle went through.

Actually could you say they had an exodus ? Lost Neale, Mayne, Hill and Langdon but picked up Hogan, Lobb, Wilson, Colyer, Conca . Not a bad haul. Certainly better than ours in recent times.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Florent's foot skills are not isolated to this year unfortunately. He's been poor in this regard for a few years now. Might be time to accept he's just not a good kick ?

Heeney is inconsistent , but his games range from good to great, with nothing below. Florent's range from bad to good. Not a level of performance that fills me with hope. But i hope for his sake you are right and I am wrong , seems like a great fella.
    Saw a video of Heeney on club website during his first year. Looked a few kilos heavier then. Would like to see him that weight now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Actually could you say they had an exodus ? Lost Neale, Mayne, Hill and Langdon but picked up Hogan, Lobb, Wilson, Colyer, Conca . Not a bad haul. Certainly better than ours in recent times.
    They also lost Lachie Weller, but got pick 2 for him. Not bad, although Weller is playing very well and not a bad deal from GC's POV, since the AFL just gifts them draft picks to replace the ones they give away. And Freo got huge compo for the Hill trade. So they've done alright, despite losing some very good players.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    But not 1 of them is worth recruiting. I'd take Jy Simpkim, but he's contracted till 1922.
    While you're on your way back in time can you please do something about those umpires in the 2016 Grand Final.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    While you're on your way back in time can you please do something about those umpires in the 2016 Grand Final.
    We should do something about these as well:

* Tell Pratt to be careful crossing the road.
    * The biff is only used by inferior teams. They wouldn't even have made the finals in a normal 18-round season.

A shame that time machine didn't go further back, suggesting some goal kicking practice in the finals in the early 20th century would have netted us an additional couple of flags (1912, 1914).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    We should do something about these as well:

* Tell Pratt to be careful crossing the road.
    I thought it was the tram’s fault, stop trams for the day...

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    waswan, being from W.A. what are your thoughts on us selecting Logan McDonald with our first pick if he's available? He sounds like he's stepped up to another level this year and is playing well as equal leader in goals in the WAFL seniors so far this year.

He's a genuine marking key forward which we could definitely use if he keeps up with his improvement!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Asked about McDonald being top 10 and it is basically a case of how they would rate the Vic kids without seeing much of them this year due to covid.

Didnt seem too bullish about him being a top liner, his form does look good though.

I still reckon we get the best Mid available, look at the last few drafts, the difference between the top 5 and the rest can be huge.
    Going a safe bet as opposed to a project player that early is the smartest option

On the veteran's list
    Looks like Bears might be looking at Joe Daniher - The Age

Veterans List
    Go best mid plus Campbell and Gulden, can never have too many mids, just drop off the least effective end of each season.

Getting worried that our two will expose too much good form and rise up draft boards :-(

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Looks like Bears might be looking at Joe Daniher - The Age
    It’s a very tenuous level of interest. They are monitoring and might be interested if he plays this year. Sam McClure weasel worded non-story.