Page 264 of 452 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,157 to 3,168 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    On SEN they have been saying all day we are the only club so far interested in Hogan. I hope not; he has list clogger stamped across his forehead.

Veterans List
    Collingwood are in all sorts of trouble. 7 year contract for Grundy, 4 years still to go on Treloar's contract back ended, De Goey after the big bucks to re sign and the Dayne Beams contract still on the books for a few more years. I hope we don't offer someone from another club a long contract. A few years back there was wide criticism of long contracts, but now it seems the norm.

Player agents playing the clubs on a break.

I listened to the draft radio for a few minutes which is about all I can stomach from those clowns. Sos and Damo think we'll take Denver Grainger-Barras at our first pick as a replacement for Reg and don't see picking up Paddy McCartin. I know Denver is supposed to be the best tall defender, but I'd be a little underwhelmed with using pick 3 on our defense which I think is pretty good and holds up in most matches.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I tried listening to Trade Radio, but it seems to be 90% ads and 10% fantasy

there is a lot of silence to fill!
    Fantasy world for the nuffies

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Collingwood are in all sorts of trouble. 7 year contract for Grundy, 4 years still to go on Treloar's contract back ended, De Goey after the big bucks to re sign and the Dayne Beams contract still on the books for a few more years. I hope we don't offer someone from another club a long contract. A few years back there was wide criticism of long contracts, but now it seems the norm.

Pick 3 for Grundy renegotiating his deal to 5yrs with Pies paying 300k in both the 1st and 2nd year

Senior Player
    NSW/ACT NAB AFL Draft Combine top performers
    2km time trial
    Errol Gulden 6:32 minutes
    Harry Grant 6:33
    Sam Thorne 6:38
    Reed Van Huisstede 6:44
    Charlie Byrne 6:46

Standing vertical jump
    Godfrey Okerenyang 84cm
    Pierce Roseby 76
    Harry Grant 70
    Joshua Green 68
    Sam Thorne 68
    Nick Brewer 68

Running vertical jump
    Godfrey Okerenyang 95cm
    Pierce Roseby 91
    Sam Gaden 85
    Joshua Green 80
    Reed Van Huisstede 80
    Nick Brewer 80
    Lachlan McAndrew 80

Agility
    Harry Grant 8 seconds
    Marc Sheather 8.23
    Nick Brewer 8.42
    Sam Frost 8.46
    Braeden Campbell 8.47

20m sprint
    Godfrey Okerenyang 2.86 seconds
    Braeden Campbell 2.90
    Marc Sheather 2.91
    Nick Brewer 3.03
    Sam Frost 3.04
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

A cheaper ruck option for us to consider than those previously mentioned would be Steph Martin. He is out of contract at Brisbane and gettable. He is a good ruckman albeit getting old. Our version of Mummy. He probably has a year or two left in him and he would cost us nothing apart from his salary.

Brodie Grundy would be a great get but too expensive. Either of those Port racks sound good but what do we need to give up? Again, probably too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    A cheaper ruck option for us to consider than those previously mentioned would be Steph Martin. He is out of contract at Brisbane and gettable. He is a good ruckman albeit getting old. Our version of Mummy. He probably has a year or two left in him and he would cost us nothing apart from his salary.

Brodie Grundy would be a great get but too expensive. Either of those Port racks sound good but what do we need to give up? Again, probably too much!
    That may be the case. But ask yourself why is he out of contract? One number says it all really 33. If you really wanted to go further than that he only played 8 matches this year and at his age that is a downhill slide. What's more he does not fall into our demographic or the dynasty we are trying to build

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Do you mean like the long contract we offered Buddy of which he has hardly played in the last 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I listened to the draft radio for a few minutes which is about all I can stomach from those clowns. Sos and Damo think we'll take Denver Grainger-Barras at our first pick as a replacement for Reg and don't see picking up Paddy McCartin. I know Denver is supposed to be the best tall defender, but I'd be a little underwhelmed with using pick 3 on our defense which I think is pretty good and holds up in most matches.
    DBG is a good player. Have watched him this year. But also I can see your point re defenders. I guess it depends what falls out from what will be the first 3 picks (WB (Matched), ADE & NM).

I wonder why Big Will Gould wasn't tried.. probably doesn't have the tank at this point in time? BWG is listed at 191.. Reg Grundy was only 192 ....

Hope the Swans take pick #3 (4) to the draft

Veterans List
    On SEN they have been saying all day we are the only club so far interested in Hogan. I hope not; he has list clogger stamped across his forehead.
    That's interesting because this morning on SEN I heard there are 6 clubs interested in Hogan. They mentioned the Swans and I saw on Channel 10 that Richmond are interested in him as a potential replacement for Riewoldt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    NSW/ACT NAB AFL Draft Combine top performers
    2km time trial
    Errol Gulden 6:32 minutes
    Harry Grant 6:33
    Sam Thorne 6:38
    Reed Van Huisstede 6:44
    Charlie Byrne 6:46

Standing vertical jump
    Godfrey Okerenyang 84cm
    Pierce Roseby 76
    Harry Grant 70
    Joshua Green 68
    Sam Thorne 68
    Nick Brewer 68

Running vertical jump
    Godfrey Okerenyang 95cm
    Pierce Roseby 91
    Sam Gaden 85
    Joshua Green 80
    Reed Van Huisstede 80
    Nick Brewer 80
    Lachlan McAndrew 80

Agility
    Harry Grant 8 seconds
    Marc Sheather 8.23
    Nick Brewer 8.42
    Sam Frost 8.46
    Braeden Campbell 8.47

20m sprint
    Godfrey Okerenyang 2.86 seconds
    Braeden Campbell 2.90
    Marc Sheather 2.91
    Nick Brewer 3.03
    Sam Frost 3.04
    I'm assuming that Okerenyang is tied to the Giants? Can't find much information about his playing career, but he is from the Riverina. No real surprise that he won the sprint, as he did win the Australian U-18 100 metres title. I guess that means that Campbell and Sheather are also pretty quick?