Page 266 of 452 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,192 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    AA stays with us, that's cool, as we were before this appeared out of the blue 10 days ago. Keep Aliir, move forwards with whatever else we are doing.
    Unless we can find some other ruck to shoehorn into a three team trade.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If that’s true it’s an appalling way to treat a player with a contract for another 4-5 years. And one who back ended it at the clubs request.
    If true, it's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    If true, it's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Cannot imagine what signal it sends to the other players on their list?

I don't understand why we are supposedly not interested in Hayes from Port Adelaide but are now looking at that soon to be 4 club spud Tom Hickey!

I get that Hayes hasn't played a game yet in his 3 seasons and is coming off a knee injury but he's been highly rated from what I've read and I'd rather take a shot at a 21 year old than settling on a 30 year old who's only managed 102 career games and 1 career brownlow medal vote...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I don't understand why we are supposedly not interested in Hayes from Port Adelaide but are now looking at that soon to be 4 club spud Tom Hickey!

I get that Hayes hasn't played a game yet in his 3 seasons and is coming off a knee injury but he's been highly rated from what I've read and I'd rather take a shot at a 21 year old than settling on a 30 year old who's only managed 102 career games and 1 career brownlow medal vote...

How many AFL games has Hayes played? Zero. Aliir has played 64. Ladhams has played 15.

Senior Player
    If that’s true it’s an appalling way to treat a player with a contract for another 4-5 years. And one who back ended it at the clubs request.
    I think Collingwood have decided he is too high maintenance. Didn't they try and trade him before?

i heard similar
    a difficult athlete to manage and it sounds like the main reason is that Adam has struggled a lot with Anxiety / Mental Health.
    but unless they want to live up on the gold coast next 5 years and away from family in melb it is a tricky contract to let go of at the pies

I wonder if we are asking the Sydney Swifts to look at a couple star netballers in Melb who have partners in the AFL?

Cox and Mentor at the Pies ?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 28th October 2020 at 06:50 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

Reckon we want someone that can play round one next year, with runs on the board.

Or we could be interested in Hayes and playing a bit of poker.

Reckon we want someone that can play round one next year, with runs on the board.
    Exactly. Also, with Hayes, I doubt any of us here have a clue about how good he is. Yes, he has been highly rated - especially in his draft year. He was touted as being a top 10 pick. But then slid way out to the 50s or later.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Swans will have made our own assessment of Hayes in his draft year. We may not rate him.

We may be burnt by our experience with Knoll and McLean, neither of whom look like delivering on their potential.

When is the AFL going to announce list sizes for next year? They're leaving this a bit late imo. Official trades begin in a week, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    When is the AFL going to announce list sizes for next year? They're leaving this a bit late imo. Official trades begin in a week, don't they?
    Do they need agreement from the AFLPA, or is it tied into the salary cap negotiations?