Page 40 of 452 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

I honestly just do not understand how our salary cap can be so tight with so few proven quality performers on our list. In reality only Bud, Rampe, JPK, Parks, Mills and Heeney could possibly be on big dollars. Paps was signed to a longer term deal prior to his current purple patch of form, so where is the cap being spent? I really thought we would sign Preuss when he was going to leave NMFC as we have needed a proper ruckman as Sinkers is not the answer, Naismith is injured and won’t be back and fully fit until 2022 and who knows about Knoll.

My ideal off season would see the following:

1. Maybe a 3rd round pick to MEL for Preuss
    2. Daniher signed as a RFA
    3. Crouch signed as a RFA
    4. High draft pick, currently #2 used on gun young midfielder
    5. Remaining picks used on Campbell and Gulden
    6. Another pre season into our youngsters

Whilst I understand Horse and others on this forum focussing on our backline, I believe we have a number of strong options in this part of the ground already on our list such as McCartin, Allir and Melican and would love to see Maibum being given and opportunity. I actually really liked what Brand offered as a stay at home FB and this could release Rampes.

I hope that if list sizes are revised/reduced we reduce our numbers with players such as Sinkers, Thurlow, Clarke, Fox, etc and keep our kids as I can see real potential in players like Stoddart if they are given a decent run at it.

In terms of a ruckman, anyone have any thoughts about Richmond's Coleman-Jones? I heard him mentioned during the broadcast as an up and comer behind Nank, Soldo and Chol.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Ludwig is spot on with Chol. He looks immensely talented. Can't see them letting him go.

Veterans List
    Results falling our way, firming up nicely for Pick 2, draft a gun mid before we have to match Campbell - way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Results falling our way, firming up nicely for Pick 2, draft a gun mid before we have to match Campbell - way to go!
    OMG we have officially become Carlton supporters, when losing and slipping to 17th can be referred to as “results falling our way”

We really slipped up beating the Crows way back in round 1, denied ourselves a chance at the spoon and possibility of priority picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ludwig is spot on with Chol. He looks immensely talented. Can't see them letting him go.
    With the red streak in his hair, I did enquire loudly from the stands, whether he was a Swans fan. I'm not sure if heard me? But hey, I think I irritated a few Richmond fans.

On Richmond fans, a fair few of them seemed a bit feral: even though they were in front all day. God knows what they'd be like, if they were receiving a flogging. Especially a flogging at a packed MCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Snork View Post
    My ideal off season would see the following:

1. Maybe a 3rd round pick to MEL for Preuss
    2. Daniher signed as a RFA
    3. Crouch signed as a RFA
    4. High draft pick, currently #2 used on gun young midfielder
    5. Remaining picks used on Campbell and Gulden
    6. Another pre season into our youngsters
    My understanding is that you're only allowed to recruit one RFA each year?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    With the red streak in his hair, I did enquire loudly from the stands, whether he was a Swans fan. I'm not sure if heard me? But hey, I think I irritated a few Richmond fans.

On Richmond fans, a fair few of them seemed a bit feral: even though they were in front all day. God knows what they'd be like, if they were receiving a flogging. Especially a flogging at a packed MCG.
    They are amazing to watch when they get walloped. I remember a guy at a Freo - Richmond game back in 2013 I think it was. I was in Melbourne for a Swans game that evening at Docklands, but went along to that game that afternoon. Pavlich had a brilliant game and single handedly dragged Freo home. This richmond fan was close to the most feral supporter I've ever seen at the football - I can get pretty frustrated and cranky, but I'm suprised this guy didn't take a heart attack in the stands. Embarrasingly bad.

It was pretty awesome hearing their whining in 2017 when we kicked 8 of the last 9 or whatever it was to steal that match. They were filthy and blaming everyone else possible.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Wouldn't touch with a forty foot pole

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    No vacancy in our medical room for Joe!

Not only does finishing 17th give us pick 2 but it also pushes our second rounder up the board for more Campbell points.

Is it just me, or is Charlie “aaamm” Gardiner one of the hardest people to listen to when he does a presser?

Mono-toned, speaks in cliches, gives very little info. Just doesn’t have the presence, projection, articulation or charisma of, say Horse or Harley.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    All part of the ruse to get him cheap