Page 170 of 452 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,029 to 2,040 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

No point burning Pick 22 to go up a spot..... Im sure Plan B at Pick 3 will be OK

Would make sense in a Matt Rowell draft though

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Completely agree with 707; with need elite midfielders, although i would take Tanner Bruhn.

Not sure why anyone would want to swap picks 3 and 22 for pick 2; that 3079 points for 2517 points.

What we should do is trade some surplus players for North's pick 11, and maybe our 4 rounder.

When a bid comes for Campbell, we can cover it and have some spare picks at the end.

Also the Doggies want points, we should trade out last three picks for their first rounder.

If we need some more points, just swap a future third or fourth rounder for some points.

They are screaming for some points, lets help them.

And if we are recruiting Campbell and Gulden, will we need Florent??

Hawthorn need and are looking for someone like him

So lets package him with Ronke and see if they will give us their first and second rounder this year, and first rounder for next year.

If Source Jacob can retire with a year on his contract, we need to "retire" Naismith.

Really sad, but we have tried since 2014; and he only has 30 games to his name, out of around 160.

And one final point, we could always trade next year future first for two of Geelong first rounder this year.

This is a strong draft, we a lot of good talent, like ruckmen, later on in the draft.
    doof-doof

Not sure why we would not look to someone like Lloyd meek form Dockers, in our age bracket to develop with the rest of the team, stuck behind another emerging young ruck - Sean Darcy and a strong second option Rory Lobb. Has a year left on his contract and would not cost a lot in picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Completely agree with 707; with need elite midfielders, although i would take Tanner Bruhn.

Not sure why anyone would want to swap picks 3 and 22 for pick 2; that 3079 points for 2517 points.

What we should do is trade some surplus players for North's pick 11, and maybe our 4 rounder.

When a bid comes for Campbell, we can cover it and have some spare picks at the end.

Also the Doggies want points, we should trade out last three picks for their first rounder.

If we need some more points, just swap a future third or fourth rounder for some points.

They are screaming for some points, lets help them.

And if we are recruiting Campbell and Gulden, will we need Florent??

Hawthorn need and are looking for someone like him

So lets package him with Ronke and see if they will give us their first and second rounder this year, and first rounder for next year.

If Source Jacob can retire with a year on his contract, we need to "retire" Naismith.

Really sad, but we have tried since 2014; and he only has 30 games to his name, out of around 160.

And one final point, we could always trade next year future first for two of Geelong first rounder this year.

This is a strong draft, we a lot of good talent, like ruckmen, later on in the draft.
    You think Florent and Ronke could net two first round picks and a second round pick ? Love your optimism ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Campbell and Gulden are not going to be stars in their first year. Need to hang on to players like Florent who I think will be very good for us in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If we could get more points from elsewhere why not offer 3 and 22 for pick 2?
    Picks 3 and 22 are way too much to move up 1 spot in the draft. The difference in value points is equivalent to a pick 49. Perhaps Pick 3 and Ben Ronke would be worth consideration from North.

In the end it will probably depend on whether North are dead set on getting a tall forward, or they have another player, like Hollands, in mind for their pick. They would know that we are targeting a tall forward, so it would be a free player for them in that case. In a strange twist of logic, we can say that if North are interested in swapping picks 2 and 3, we probably don't have to do it. North have so many needs, I doubt they see any one player as the solution.

Although I have my reservations about Daniher, if he does end up at the Swans, getting a tall forward at pick 3 is less important, and perhaps someone like Hollands would be a good choice. This is going to be the first piece in the post season to drop. After that decision, we can re-evaluate the landscape.

Earlier in the year floreant was being spruiked by media as an upcoming gun.

He is the guy you poach from teams at his age, not let walk out

There's no point trading picks unless it's for increased points available. Sending picks for players puts the academy boys at risk. And by all reports, we want them.

We also shouldn't want to prioritise drafting a ruck over a midfielder at the top end. And probably not a big forward unless it's like one of the King boys. They take years to develop. Matt Taberner looked great for Freo this year, finally, and he's 27. That's an extreme example, but it's a number of years before these players are truly competitive. We want to be contending again in 2 years from now.
    Pick the best player at #4 that we can. If they happens to be a forward, then sure, go for it.

Warming the Bench
    The top end of this years draft is biased towards talls. It would be lunacy if we would consider trading out pick 3 or not picking up a tall, particularly when we have one of the best if not the best rated mids coming in and we have a dearth of good young talls (McCartin (and maybe Blakey if you want to call play him as one) aside).

Get a tall in, our two academy's and pick up for next to nothing a ruck and within the next two years we are looking good.

Mids all day long
    In 5 yrs we will be upset about missing the 30 possession player not the 1.5goals a game player.

Papley is a star and a top fwd..... 1.5 goals a game and taken out of games

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Picks 3 and 22 are way too much to move up 1 spot in the draft. The difference in value points is equivalent to a pick 49. Perhaps Pick 3 and Ben Ronke would be worth consideration from North.

In the end it will probably depend on whether North are dead set on getting a tall forward, or they have another player, like Hollands, in mind for their pick. They would know that we are targeting a tall forward, so it would be a free player for them in that case. In a strange twist of logic, we can say that if North are interested in swapping picks 2 and 3, we probably don't have to do it. North have so many needs, I doubt they see any one player as the solution.

Although I have my reservations about Daniher, if he does end up at the Swans, getting a tall forward at pick 3 is less important, and perhaps someone like Hollands would be a good choice. This is going to be the first piece in the post season to drop. After that decision, we can re-evaluate the landscape.
    You are right Ludwig. No point swapping unless we are both into the same player, in which case why would they do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t believe they are forcing us to sit through finals before the fun starts!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Earlier in the year floreant was being spruiked by media as an upcoming gun.

He is the guy you poach from teams at his age, not let walk out
    +1