Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Swans personnel

  1. #1

    Swans personnel

    I am interested to build our knowledge of the various staff around the club beyond the coaches and CEO and about the work they do. I'm talking about especially the important medical and allied health staff, the trainers, the Board members, the media team etc. My hope is that this thread can become a kind of a resource with this type of information. I'll kick it off.


    This is a link to the Club's 'executive management' team: Executive Management - sydneyswans.com.au.

    Here is a link to our board members: Board Members - sydneyswans.com.au.



    The club chef is Courtney Ralston (one time of MasterChef) and she works closely with club dietician, Elise Anderson.

    Dennis Carroll is head of welfare (or "People Development") and a former club captain (1986-1992): Dennis Carroll - sydneyswans.com.au Dennis Carroll - Wikipedia what an asset!



    Cynthia Banham, author, former journalist, former #1 ticket holder and member of our DAP Committee published a couple of articles about some of our personnel on the website:

    with Club doctor Tom Cross Coffee with Cynthia: Dr Tom Cross - sydneyswans.com.au

    with Club dietician Elise Anderson Coffee with Cynthia: Dr Tom Cross - sydneyswans.com.au


    Recently this article revealed a bit about the work that Dennis Carroll does: You're drafted! Now what? How AFL clubs help their draftees settle in.

    Here's a link to the Club's clinical psychologist, Suzie Rhydderch's, private practice webpage: https://www.stadiumclinic.com.au/suz...thopaedic.html. She is a high achiever who previously was aiming to be an Olympic athlete but had her dreams shattered by an eating disorder: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/hidden-...16-gdqehg.html .


    From the Board, Sam Mostyn, previously the AFL's first female commissioner, is a high profile mover and shaker. Here is a nice article about her and her friendship with playwright Suzie Miller: https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...01-p52wm5.html



    Recruiters are also a very important part of our off-field staff. The ones I know of include:

    Kinnear Beatson - Head of Recruiting and List Management
    Simon Dalrymple - National Recruiting Manager
    Ross Monahan (futures leagues)
    Chris Keane (stats guru and number cruncher)


    When you come across information about other staff and personnel at the club and the work they do, please share it here where appropriate.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I am interested to build our knowledge of the various staff around the club beyond the coaches and CEO and about the work they do. I'm talking about especially the important medical and allied health staff, the trainers, the Board members, the media team etc. My hope is that this thread can become a kind of a resource with this type of information. I'll kick it off.


    This is a link to the Club's 'executive management' team: Executive Management - sydneyswans.com.au.

    Here is a link to our board members: Board Members - sydneyswans.com.au.



    The club chef is Courtney Ralston (one time of MasterChef) and she works closely with club dietician, Elise Anderson.

    Dennis Carroll is head of welfare (or "People Development") and a former club captain (1986-1992): Dennis Carroll - sydneyswans.com.au Dennis Carroll - Wikipedia what an asset!



    Cynthia Banham, author, former journalist, former #1 ticket holder and member of our DAP Committee published a couple of articles about some of our personnel on the website:

    with Club doctor Tom Cross Coffee with Cynthia: Dr Tom Cross - sydneyswans.com.au

    with Club dietician Elise Anderson Coffee with Cynthia: Dr Tom Cross - sydneyswans.com.au


    Recently this article revealed a bit about the work that Dennis Carroll does: You're drafted! Now what? How AFL clubs help their draftees settle in.

    Here's a link to the Club's clinical psychologist, Suzie Rhydderch's, private practice webpage: https://www.stadiumclinic.com.au/suz...thopaedic.html. She is a high achiever who previously was aiming to be an Olympic athlete but had her dreams shattered by an eating disorder: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/hidden-...16-gdqehg.html .


    From the Board, Sam Mostyn, previously the AFL's first female commissioner, is a high profile mover and shaker. Here is a nice article about her and her friendship with playwright Suzie Miller: https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...01-p52wm5.html



    Recruiters are also a very important part of our off-field staff. The ones I know of include:

    Kinnear Beatson - Head of Recruiting and List Management
    Simon Dalrymple - National Recruiting Manager
    Ross Monahan (futures leagues)
    Chris Keane (stats guru and number cruncher)


    When you come across information about other staff and personnel at the club and the work they do, please share it here where appropriate.
    Suzie is a fabulous person and a great asset for the swans.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I am interested to build our knowledge of the various staff around the club beyond the coaches and CEO and about the work they do. I'm talking about especially the important medical and allied health staff, the trainers, the Board members, the media team etc. My hope is that this thread can become a kind of a resource with this type of information. I'll kick it off.


    This is a link to the Club's 'executive management' team: Executive Management - sydneyswans.com.au.

    Here is a link to our board members: Board Members - sydneyswans.com.au.



    The club chef is Courtney Ralston (one time of MasterChef) and she works closely with club dietician, Elise Anderson.

    Dennis Carroll is head of welfare (or "People Development") and a former club captain (1986-1992): Dennis Carroll - sydneyswans.com.au Dennis Carroll - Wikipedia what an asset!



    Cynthia Banham, author, former journalist, former #1 ticket holder and member of our DAP Committee published a couple of articles about some of our personnel on the website:

    with Club doctor Tom Cross Coffee with Cynthia: Dr Tom Cross - sydneyswans.com.au

    with Club dietician Elise Anderson Coffee with Cynthia: Dr Tom Cross - sydneyswans.com.au


    Recently this article revealed a bit about the work that Dennis Carroll does: You're drafted! Now what? How AFL clubs help their draftees settle in.

    Here's a link to the Club's clinical psychologist, Suzie Rhydderch's, private practice webpage: https://www.stadiumclinic.com.au/suz...thopaedic.html. She is a high achiever who previously was aiming to be an Olympic athlete but had her dreams shattered by an eating disorder: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/hidden-...16-gdqehg.html .


    From the Board, Sam Mostyn, previously the AFL's first female commissioner, is a high profile mover and shaker. Here is a nice article about her and her friendship with playwright Suzie Miller: https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...01-p52wm5.html



    Recruiters are also a very important part of our off-field staff. The ones I know of include:

    Kinnear Beatson - Head of Recruiting and List Management
    Simon Dalrymple - National Recruiting Manager
    Ross Monahan (futures leagues)
    Chris Keane (stats guru and number cruncher)


    When you come across information about other staff and personnel at the club and the work they do, please share it here where appropriate.
    Great idea to highlight these staff as they are key to creating the culture of the club. From my experience they are so professional, calm and experienced, providing a great steadying base when things get bumpy.

  3. #3
    Just realised I posted the wrong link for Cynthia Banham's interview with club dietician Elise Anderson. Here's the right one: A coffee with the Number One Ticketholder - Elise Anderson - sydneyswans.com.au.

  4. #4
    I can't seem to find a definite answer to the current ownership of the Swans. Can anyone tell me if point me in the right direction?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Thanks for these. Just shows that the Swans dont take communications too seriously as they have Brad Seymour's role as a conduit with Tom Harley, Head of Football!!!!! I have real problem with the lack of quality of communications by the Swans overall. Take the player list, still lists all the retirees , delisted and traded players. Also they dont upgrade the player info from year to year

  6. #6
    Chris Keane does data analytics and works with our recruiting team. Here is a link to an interview he gave to Ted Richards on the Richards report discussing the work he, and the Swans, do: SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds. Some key points:

    * his main job is to identify promising talent to recruiters
    * he also challenges recruiters about their opinions and builds algorithms to help with comparative analyses of prospective recruits
    * before the Swans he worked for GWS
    * drafting decisions are influenced by the 'go home' factor. (I'm sure it is not decisive but I note we didn't recruit a single Vic Metro player and many of our recruits are country boys.)

  7. #7
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocker View Post
    I can't seem to find a definite answer to the current ownership of the Swans. Can anyone tell me if point me in the right direction?
    They are a membership based sporting club.....no one 'owns' them.

  8. #8
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Thanks for these. Just shows that the Swans dont take communications too seriously as they have Brad Seymour's role as a conduit with Tom Harley, Head of Football!!!!! I have real problem with the lack of quality of communications by the Swans overall. Take the player list, still lists all the retirees , delisted and traded players. Also they dont upgrade the player info from year to year
    It is a problem which needs addressing. Someone should write to the club and get them to lift their game.......now who could write that letter? There's your homework for tonight Rick!

  9. #9
    Maaaate, I have done it every year for a decade, addressed to CEO, but nothing changes. Messages on Messenger get answered with comments that they are waiting for Champion Data to provide the player data , asking about player pics and replying that they are waiting for the photos to be taken (this is in Feb/ March mind you). Its a bloody joke. I live overseas and rely on the official website or FB for current info. But I get more info on this platform than the official team platforms. Ireland said last season how important social media is to the club to disseminate club information in a timely and regular basis. And yet even today, we have retired, traded and delisted players still listed. The club will say they are waiting for the AFL who are updating their website and then it can make changes. Well that was last year and yet we still have same situation this year. If you look at most other AFL clubs, you will see how proactive they are to keep supporters informed, sponsors happy, and also their players and families happy. Most of player info for rookies for instance is 2-3 years old , how does that make the player feel. How about Injury Updates, they are a farce. I could go on. Communications is so easy today and regular info keeps everybody happy

  10. #10
    First thing: the club has disabled the link I posted above to the Executive Management team. Accidental or deliberate? It's hard to know with these guys. If deliberate, why? I now regret not having transcribed the relevant content instead of just posting the link.

    I could be mistaken but have they also deleted the website's search function? I can't find it. Do we have something to hide?


    Here are names and titles of a few more taken from material published on the Swans website

    Trish - pilates instructor

    Kieran Emery - Logistics Manager (I'm struggling to read my own handwriting so might have made a mistake)

    Peter Berbakov - High Performance Operations Manager (he was the person who talked about the Swans collaboration with Holsworth Army base and the two-way sharing of information between the organisations)

    Alex Bouttrell - Sydney Swans Street Team - I guess these are the gals and guys that turn out to fairs, fetes and other community engagement activities.

    The media team seems to comprise of Loretta Johns, Shane Potter and Zachary Gates. Except it's been months since I last saw or heard from Loretta and I'm wondering if she is still with the club. I can't check on the Swans site now because they have disabled it to prevent this.

    Not sure about the value of recording some of these names and roles. I think it's the position titles more than the names that are of interest because the names mean nothing to me and no doubt they will change from time to time without us ever knowing. It is interesting to know about the difference roles in the organisation. Then again maybe someone will recognise a name and be able to tell us more - a bit like the backgrounding we got on Tom Cross and Elise Anderson from Cynthia Banham's profiles.

  11. #11
    Senior Player Bloody Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    3,000
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

  12. #12
    I don't belong so I don't see any thing. Can you precis what's in the link?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO