Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Great expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    According to this Foxsports Analysis AFL 2020: AFL spine rater, every club’s key players ranked, Champion Data player ratings, SuperCoach rankings | Fox Sports which ranked the 5 spines players of every team (FB, CHB, C, CHF, FF), we are actually numbered one!!
    Mostly I just think this shows how little value to attach to these ratings. However, both Rampe and Aliir have outstanding ratings as defenders according to Champion data. Unfortunately the front half of our 'spine' is currently missing.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Cheer cheer that article!

Veteran Site Admin
    While it’s refreshing to read something that shows some depth of knowledge of the list, the author’s previous article suggests Patton will win the Coleman. So make of it what you will...

He did say Mills would give our midfield more running power, but that’s by the by

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    While it’s refreshing to read something that shows some depth of knowledge of the list, the author’s previous article suggests Patton will win the Coleman. So make of it what you will...
    He also suggests Knoll was our best ruckman ..? Could be right I suppose but not sure you can make that call at this stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    He also suggests Knoll was our best ruckman ..? Could be right I suppose but not sure you can make that call at this stage

Read the article and liked the sentiment, but pretty sure he is as clueless as a lot of the other scribes.

Co-captain Kennedy singing a slightly different tune compared to Parker: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/big...11-p548yu.html. He talks about the aim being to finish top 4 "as it is any year" but really the focus at the moment is just on "getting better".

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post

Yes, while I'm quite bullish about Knoll becoming a decent AFL standard ruckman, there's no real evidence to suggest that he's our best ruckman.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, while I'm quite bullish about Knoll becoming a decent AFL standard ruckman, there's no real evidence to suggest that he's our best ruckman.
    They must see a future with Knoll if hes still on the list.
    The only reason I can think of for not playing last year was because his match fitness was way below AFL standards. With a proper pre-season under him now...

I think Longmire is on record as remarking that Knoll is new to the game (having transferred from basketball just a couple of years ago) and is still learning the game as an explanation for why they didn't play him last year. So it could be about his game understanding as well as about his match fitness.

"I think Callum Mills. He's just uncompromising in the way he goes about it, on and off the field." - Josh Kennedy.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/384857/y...heir-successor
    Last edited by liz; 15th March 2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: fixed link
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"