Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NEAFL discussion thread

Somehow I just knew before I started to read the above post that Tom Derickx would get a mention .... .

Veterans List
    What a pity the Swans can't do the same, some things GWS do so much better than us.

So for us keen to know about players outside the 22 - silence!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    How good is this GWS report of today's scratch match (objectively and for GWS fans)?

Strong Hit-Out Against Swans

Bonus photo of Ben Ronke's back.
    Would be even better if they'd told the score!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Here is the update on the Swans players. The Swans' public relations staff were all sacked, so I'm filling in. No Complaining. I'm doing the best I can on limited resources.
    Haha you must have too much free time.

You need to give up on Derickx...he is a supermodel now 😊.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In unsurprising news the 2020 NEAFL season has been cancelled

No NEAFL in 2020: Has the competition played its final game?

I assume this means that the non-selected Swans will be playing the non-selected Giants for the rest of the year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    In unsurprising news the 2020 NEAFL season has been cancelled

No NEAFL in 2020: Has the competition played its final game?

I assume this means that the non-selected Swans will be playing the non-selected Giants for the rest of the year.
    We can only play and interact with others in the AFL quarantine bubble so that of course means weekly games against GWS unless we go off to a hub at some stage when we could play a different AFL opponent.

Looking forward to Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon and Hawthorn being sent to a hub in WA. Just as likely as flying pigs!

Its really going to hurt us and the Giants, only playing each other in friendlies every week.

It sucks when you consider that in Melbourne they can play scratch matches against a much wider variety of opponents. Still I suppose the SA, WA and Qld teams are in the same boat as us.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It sucks when you consider that in Melbourne they can play scratch matches against a much wider variety of opponents. Still I suppose the SA, WA and Qld teams are in the same boat as us.
    WA, SA & Qld teams have a choice of five opponents in their Qld bubble.

Senior Player
    I wrote to the club earlier in the week to express my preference that we receive more information about the players not playing in the seniors, noting the club did not even communicate the existence of the scratch match on Saturday.

In short, I was told it had been forwarded on to the Communications team and it was implied there might be more reporting of upcoming scratch matches.

I indicated I'd like to know more about how players like Matt Ling were going, so look out for that.

I did let them know I thought the video reports of training etc had improved this year.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Good on you MattW. Sounds like we need to communicate our disappointment to the Communications team.

Ralphyboy did a brief reserves match report on BigFooty. (Page 6 on the Rd 3 Sydney v North Melbourne thread). I won't quote or directly link to it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast