Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Membership pack

2020 Membership pack

I received my Melbourne 2020 Gold Membership pack yesterday. A first for me is that it also included a personalised scarf with my name indicating I've been a member since 1993. Plus a 2020 membership beanie. The club had given me a choice of design for the scarf and between getting a beanie or cap. Thought it's a great initiative.

I have a question for members who have 20 years membership or more? Did you receive a 20 year membership badge with your membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I have a question for members who have 20 years membership or more? Did you receive a 20 year membership badge with your membership?
    Yes, but I didn't get a monogrammed scarf?

I'm a gold member 26 or 27 years but no scarf. Is that right?

Senior Player
    I thought ( at least for Sydney members) that the personalised scarf was the premiership club gift

Veterans List
    My dad can't attend games anymore so I signed him up for the $83 swans membership and he received a personalised scarf.

Thanks for your input fellow Swans fans.

I have two memberships in our house that are AFL memberships, with club support. Have been an AFL member for about 10 years, and Sydney Vic based member for 13 years prior so consecutive membership years of 23. Both memberships received certificates from the club when we clicked over 20 years of membership, but this year, nothing!!. Just the usual voucher to collect a cap or beanie.

I'll contact club membership to see if they have missed something or maybe AFL memberships aren't considered the same as other members by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Yes, but I didn't get a monogrammed scarf?

I'm a gold member 26 or 27 years but no scarf. Is that right?
    I've been a Melbourne based member for the same number of years! Last Season I received a club email to vote on the design of the 2020 scarf for 20+ years members. There were a number of design options to choose from to do with the personalised badging and the scarf colour scheme ( I remember voting for the red & white hooped designed scarf, but ended up with a red scarf with white piping which I still don't mind).

I also received another email whether I wanted a cap or beanie with my 2020 Gold membership (I selected beanie, which looks great).

Both of these were a first for me, as previously like everyone else I had to pick up my cap at the ground early in the season. However I don't recall receiving a 20 year membership badge. Maybe that's a recent thing?

For my 20th & 25th membership I did receive a club certificate both signed by Andrew Ireland (which I've framed). With my 25th membership it was mentioned my name was going to be added to a membership wall plaque at the SCG in recognition of longtime members (haven't been to the SCG in recent years to check it out). Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Got the letters previously, got the new pin, and I did see mine and my sisters names on the honour board.

Never got asked about scarf. Oh well. Cheer cheer.

Veterans List
    Got the pin and personalised scarf and a cap. How many caps do we need?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Thanks for your input fellow Swans fans.

I have two memberships in our house that are AFL memberships, with club support. Have been an AFL member for about 10 years, and Sydney Vic based member for 13 years prior so consecutive membership years of 23. Both memberships received certificates from the club when we clicked over 20 years of membership, but this year, nothing!!. Just the usual voucher to collect a cap or beanie.

I'll contact club membership to see if they have missed something or maybe AFL memberships aren't considered the same as other members by the club.
    I'm an AFL member as well, (although I haven't signed up yet for this season), and normally I only receive a cap or beanie.

On the Rookie List
    My (international) membership pack arrived this week. Something of a Christmas miracle actually as I don't think I have ever received it this early. Even got my name right on the scarf. One year , it did not arrive until after the season was over. That year, I asked after a few months about my pack so they sent another - which also did not arrive in the six weeks they said. Then, Two packs arrived on back to back days in October.

It is winter in Canada so I can definitely use a beanie and scarf!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Ripper of a job this year by membership this year (noted, the membership team does a ripper of a job every year). Packs out super fast, looks like they've cut back on some landfill (pencil case at least) and we get the cap and scarf in the mail so no queues pre-season or game day.

I'd love to see an opt in on membership pack items going forward. Our end really only wants the basics. Would save the club money and save further on landfill.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast