Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minibus Gets new Role

Newtown Breakaways should join up with UTS Squatters?

I hear that ALL premier coaching positions have been filled over the weekend with the appointment of Ben Klemke at Wests for 2020. Ben i understand still works at AFL Sydney as a development coordinator in an area that includes Wests and Camden clubs, the later on good authority was told by AFL Sydney in 2019 that they had a conflict of interest position given his employment at the time, which precluded his appointment as a senior coach to that club. This is not the first time that a COI position has been raised with the AFL but it would appear the rules have again changed and unfortunately for the new franchise club, Camden they have been the looser on this latest determination.

Don’t think any conflict of interest exists, Pfeiffer from the Bulldogs is the state coaching coordinator at head office.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Plus Lee-Steere, Crane, Carruthers and possibly Murphy. Some pretty handy players in that group too!!

Good opportunity for a few of the boys to step up.
    In that respect , Shore should benefit from a pretty strong U17 age group coming through from St Ives and Willoughby. May not be straight away for Prems but a lot of talent. There was about 8 NSW Rams players in those two teams last year

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Don’t think any conflict of interest exists, Pfeiffer from the Bulldogs is the state coaching coordinator at head office.
    Pfeiffer a player? not a head coach so not sure on conflict, Dean Towers the head coach. I think biggest thing is why was it wrong for Camden to not be allowed to have and West to be allowed? One would of thought at the time new franchise in would be offered that dispensation not a club who has been in Prems for as long as they have been.

New divisions up on the website. Randwick to plutonium league. Wollondilly drop to division 2.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Pfeiffer a player? not a head coach so not sure on conflict, Dean Towers the head coach. I think biggest thing is why was it wrong for Camden to not be allowed to have and West to be allowed? One would of thought at the time new franchise in would be offered that dispensation not a club who has been in Prems for as long as they have been.
    Internet says Klemke is Development Coordinator for Campbelltown, Camden & Wollondilly which would be why he was knocked back from Camden Cats role??

Lives in the Inner West my sources tell me.

So see NO issue at all here

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Puppy View Post
    I hear that ALL premier coaching positions have been filled over the weekend with the appointment of Ben Klemke at Wests for 2020. Ben i understand still works at AFL Sydney as a development coordinator in an area that includes Wests and Camden clubs, the later on good authority was told by AFL Sydney in 2019 that they had a conflict of interest position given his employment at the time, which precluded his appointment as a senior coach to that club. This is not the first time that a COI position has been raised with the AFL but it would appear the rules have again changed and unfortunately for the new franchise club, Camden they have been the looser on this latest determination.
    Not sure Camden would be too upset. They have appointed one of the best coaches in Sydney so not sure they are looking back.

Mudgey coaching UTS is a very smart decision. Exactly the type of coach that they need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12