Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

When do the fixtures normally come out?

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Spotted #2.
    The familiar green headband of our leader Norris, at Robertson Oval Wagga on Saturday.
    And how about those hot shades...!!!
    I do stand out LOL. And definitely needed those sunnies - it wasn't particularly hot, but the sun was blazing down.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    When do the fixtures normally come out?
    Should be any day now. I think they were waiting for a few clubs to confirm their numbers and how many teams they wanted to nominate. I've seen a draft draw for Mens & Womens Prems plus Mens Reserves & Under 19s Div 1; but I think they're waiting to finalise all the divisions.
    Season will start the weekend 4-5 April, then taking a week off for Easter the following weekend.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    Really enjoyed reading AFL Sydneys match review on the rep game played on the weekend. And the quarter by quarter updates on their social media account was much appreciated.

#bringbackgarry

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    Really enjoyed reading AFL Sydneys match review on the rep game played on the weekend. And the quarter by quarter updates on their social media account was much appreciated.

#bringbackgarry
    Amen to that. Honestly, a team picture on social media and nothing else. I'm sure the clubs that had players playing received a report on their performance / areas to work on too.... hapless rudderless crew at Moore Park.

Almost Football Legend
    They just put some scores & photos up on Facebook.

Head office management has proven to be very incompetent over the last few years. But don’t tell Dean Lee that, he can do no wrong.

Memo went to clubs to say the draw will be released today, yet unsurprisingly nothing. I anticipate the draw will be released in early May, so round 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Head office management has proven to be very incompetent over the last few years. But don’t tell Dean Lee that, he can do no wrong.

Memo went to clubs to say the draw will be released today, yet unsurprisingly nothing. I anticipate the draw will be released in early May, so round 4 or 5.
    So right Blinkers. And l reckon that this comment comes out every year at about this time.
    But, as we know, they ark up as the season gets rolling.
    No...wait...no they don't.

#bringbackgarry
    Yes indeed Tim, and you would know more than most about Rep fixtures not being promoted very well.
    Ahhh, I have fond memories of the coverage of matches against Canberra, Tassie and Melbourne ammo's.
    No...wait...no I don't.

#garrywouldntcomebackanyway

Inner West Magpies St George Picken Oval
    Manly Warringah Camden Weldon Oval
    North Shore Sydney University Gore Hill Oval
    Pennant Hills UTS Mike Kenny Oval
    UNSW/ES East Coast Eagles Trumper Park

Above is Prems 1st round draw that i was given a month ago.

All games scheduled for 4/4 @ 14:20
    Email was from Dean Lee and marked as Final season draw.
    Not sure if lower divisions have been sorted.

Warming the Bench
    Clearly, AFL Sydney is simply an after thought by those based in Moore Park.

Clearly, AFL Sydney is simply an after thought by those based in Moore Park.
    But they don't run the Canberra Comp, they don't run the Academies, they don't run the NEAFL, how can one of the biggest community comps around be such a low priority, especially given quite a few key folks I know in the junior comps feel similar.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast