Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

Hope South West Sydney is not effected by the Moorebank Sports scare in the press currently re: COVID. So lucky to have any games on at all and well done to all teams so far.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Hope South West Sydney is not effected by the Moorebank Sports scare in the press currently re: COVID. So lucky to have any games on at all and well done to all teams so far.
    Shouldn’t impact us at all. None of our volunteers were there and Rosedale is a gated facility.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Shouldn’t impact us at all. None of our volunteers were there and Rosedale is a gated facility.
    Fantastic to hear. Congrats on your season and running such a good venue.

Hey Guys,

Can anybody shed some light as to whether there are any restrictions with regards to ground admission to Rosedale on Sat/Sun for those not affiliated to the clubs playing? Keen to watch some GF footy but don't want to make the trek to Rosedale in vain and get knocked back at the gate. I understand that in my local Rugby League competitions that there is limited entry to grounds for non affiliated spectators... just wondering if the same rules apply to local AFL.

Cheers in advance...

100 tickets per competing club per game. Including players/coaches/support staff.

they had a manned table and a QR code at the gate but I just strolled in with no questions ask (could have been taking my kids to the playground for all they knew)

Quote Originally Posted by adnar View Post
    they had a manned table and a QR code at the gate but I just strolled in with no questions ask (could have been taking my kids to the playground for all they knew)
    It's different for GF's and the Prem Div prelims.

As Blinkers said, competing clubs get 100 tickets allocated for players, coaches, managers, physio, players who missed out, supporters etc. Pretty unlikely to be any spare.

The Prem Div, Ressies and 19 1's 1st and 2nd semis this weekend have the same conditions as last weekend and you can still walk in, but the GF's and all other games after this weekend are no ticket, no entry.

That's the official position, but have heard a whisper the State Government might be about to relax numbers for community sport finals. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    It's different for GF's and the Prem Div prelims.

As Blinkers said, competing clubs get 100 tickets allocated for players, coaches, managers, physio, players who missed out, supporters etc. Pretty unlikely to be any spare.

The Prem Div, Ressies and 19 1's 1st and 2nd semis this weekend have the same conditions as last weekend and you can still walk in, but the GF's and all other games after this weekend are no ticket, no entry.

That's the official position, but have heard a whisper the State Government might be about to relax numbers for community sport finals. Fingers crossed.
    Perhaps you're right, perhaps you're wrong. But like Tim Freedman suggests, wouldn't it be nice to hear all this from the League rather than on the rumour mill of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Perhaps you're right, perhaps you're wrong. But like Tim Freedman suggests, wouldn't it be nice to hear all this from the League rather than on the rumour mill of social media.
    So true. With 100 tickets per club and ticket holders told they can only be at ground 1 hour 50 minutes prior to their ticketed game and must leave 30 minutes at the end of it, seems crazy that the final grand final of the day will only allow 200 to watch it when the maximum number at this stage is 500. Surely the league can allow spectators without tickets to be admitted just prior to the game. Makes a lot of sense to me. I would hope the league would use theirs

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    So true. With 100 tickets per club and ticket holders told they can only be at ground 1 hour 50 minutes prior to their ticketed game and must leave 30 minutes at the end of it, seems crazy that the final grand final of the day will only allow about 140 to watch it (considering about 60 players and coaching staff are involved on the ground) when the maximum number at this stage is 500. Surely the league can allow spectators without tickets to be admitted just prior to the game. Makes a lot of sense to me. I would hope the league would use theirs
    EDITED

It appears that the government will lift restrictions on community sport from Saturday.
    Hopefully that’ll flow on to all finals games and allow more spectators than the current 100 per team.

Pushing for Selection
    Well that was very North Shore of North Shore.

Straights sets again V Syd Uni/St George!!!??