Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

Clubs told during season that scores have to be entered into footyweb by 7 PM on Saturday. League inputs for finals. Now Sunday 9 AM and no results in for yesterday's prem game.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Clubs told during season that scores have to be entered into footyweb by 7 PM on Saturday. League inputs for finals. Now Sunday 9 AM and no results in for yesterday's prem game.
    Not the first time that's happened in finals. Had I been the League person responsible for entering it, I wouldn't have left the ground until everything from all games was entered. That's assuming both teams put their team sheets in, and I can't imagine at that level they wouldn't have.

UNSW-ES 9.7 (61) def North Shore 8.4 (52). North Shore scored 4 unanswered goals in the first quarter and were 3 goals up at half time, but the Bulldogs dominated the second half and hit the front just before three quarter time. The highlight of the game was a speckie by Charlie Burgess-Hoar.
    Again, North Shore struggle to get it done in finals. Seems to be a recurring theme in recent years.

And SHH, congratulations to your Rams. Convincing win in the Platinum GF.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 27th September 2020 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Again, North Shore struggle to get it done in finals. Seems to be a recurring theme in recent years.
    It can't be cultural can it ? A new broom brings in gun coaches - as good as you can get here - and a raft of good players - again, as good as we could see in Sydney footy. Many of these people haven't been a part of the 'choke years' and I don't see how it could be contagious.
    I think the Bulldogs just persisted and persisted, and eventually wore the Bombers down. Next week we'll find out more...

A special mention of Manteit (who I think is a Permit Player from Southport...correct me if I'm wrong), who seemed to lose his footing on the cricket pitch verge in the last quarter. He had been one of the Bombers' best up until then and looked like he did his knee. He will be seriously missed next week.

And a special mention as well to the ECE barrackers out at Purser yesterday. Fully fledged MORONS !😆
    Not only were they taking the piss out of the security guards (why would that do that ?.), but they were also taking the piss out of the opposition spectators...when their team was LOSING and eventually LOST !

You can take the Eagle Nest away from their fans, but you still know who they are !

Thanks for the update Norris. Still no official scores up on website. Staff probably just work Monday to Friday. And good win to the Rams. All locals and great culture. Both GF wins in three years as underdogs.

Would Manteit be related to league gun Dennis Manteit? Also a queenslander that played for Canterbury and Balmain as well as a famous Kangaroo tour to England where he was allegedly the "Bowler Hat Kangaroo". Walking down the streets if London wearing just a bowler hat

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    And a special mention as well to the ECE barrackers out at Purser yesterday. Fully fledged MORONS !😆
    Not only were they taking the piss out of the security guards (why would that do that ?.), but they were also taking the piss out of the opposition spectators...when their team was LOSING and eventually LOST !
    You can take the Eagle Nest away from their fans, but you still know who they are !
    And here's an interesting thing too - these guys were taking the piss out of the opposition WOMEN players too...what's the protocol about that, in the new world of women's footy ?

Warming the Bench
    Here's what greeted visitors to the Sydney AFL website yesterday for about 40 minutes after the completion of the Platinum Division Grand Final.

Screen Shot 09-26-20 at 06.00 PM.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    And here's an interesting thing too - these guys were taking the piss out of the opposition WOMEN players too...what's the protocol about that, in the new world of women's footy ?
    Why would women be exempt from crowd engagement?

Dirty weekend for the bombers - choking in Prems yesterday and then going on to lose 3 grand finals today!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Dirty weekend for the bombers - choking in Prems yesterday and then going on to lose 3 grand finals today!
    Geez, that's tough.
    The good thing about the grand finals yesterday was that four different clubs won them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Why would women be exempt from crowd engagement?
    Things might be different out where the Massey Fergusons roam, but down here in 'polite society', we blokes don't bagg out women footballers.

No wait...we've never had to think about it until recent times...perhaps you're right PK, perhaps it IS OK !

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    Here's what greeted visitors to the Sydney AFL website yesterday for about 40 minutes after the completion of the Platinum Division Grand Final.

Screen Shot 09-26-20 at 06.00 PM.PNG
    I looked up the result on my way home from Kanebridge yesterday and that's what I saw. Then saw a Facebook post showing Penrith's celebrations......

Oops!!

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty