Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    I hear that Blacktown will only have a Senior side in the Platinum Division, no reserves? Wasn't that a prerequisite for competing in that division?
    They are struggling for numbers, so you’re right. Same with Parramatta, shame for both clubs as there’s good people there.

Rumour is that the AFL are pushing for 16-per-side games, with 4 on the bench. That in theory helps alleviate this problem, as well as social distancing requirements.

If there's two teams with 1 team in the Platinum comp, wouldn't you just move them both to the Division 1 comp and have no byes in either comps?

16 a side is interesting. Shorter quarters too? Will be a much more open and fast game, with limited prep, so would probably benefit all grades.

Platinum can’t have a 6 team competition, not viable. If both those clubs are moved out, AFL would have to bring in Campbelltown and Norwest. Can’t see that happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Platinum can’t have a 6 team competition, not viable. If both those clubs are moved out, AFL would have to bring in Campbelltown and Norwest. Can’t see that happening though.
    Is there too much integrity in a 9 game season to only do it with 6 teams?
    Platinum isn't a sustainable model. Half of the clubs there have no real juniors feeding through. It's a gradual consolidation back towards the Prems clubs.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Is there too much integrity in a 9 game season to only do it with 6 teams?
    Platinum isn't a sustainable model. Half of the clubs there have no real juniors feeding through. It's a gradual consolidation back towards the Prems clubs.
    Maybe if the AFL stopped pandering to Premier Division clubs and wrecking the junior comps we wouldnt be in the situation we are now and platinum would be a strong comp. The academies and bull@@@@ promises by PD clubs to junior players see most of those kids disillusioned and out of the game by the time their 21. AFL in Sydney should be booming with the expansion of the game but its is a worse state that it was 30 years ago when the Swans were a basket case.

Magic down to one team - good. Self serving test tube football club, I hope they fold eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Magic down to one team - good. Self serving test tube football club, I hope they fold eventually.
    Very disappointed in this opinion. We all compete for players from soccer and league and other recreational pursuits, and in these times all club survival is tough. Let’s not start eating our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Very disappointed in this opinion. We all compete for players from soccer and league and other recreational pursuits, and in these times all club survival is tough. Let’s not start eating our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I stand by it. Lucky we live in Australia, where differing opinions are your own business!

They were dropped on the landscape without any consultation with local clubs, and filled with development officers which is a handy recruiting tool in itself, not to mention getting access to the best facilities in Sydney. If they drop off completely, I won't lose sleep.

Nice rotational plan for Syd uni prems with neafl squad planned apparently. Great way for integrity of the comp.

I’m wondering is there any funds from afl for neafl program now being used to advantage of every other Sydney AFL club

I stand by it. Lucky we live in Australia, where differing opinions are your own business! .
    Ha PK - time for you to pull the boots on again. Too many angry pills that you need to release.

Nah...I reckon he's funny when he's angry.
    So's my wife, but I wouldn't write that if she could read this !

11 days to go - bring it on !

Didn't realise that Hillsong was still in lockdown.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast