Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Cheers - I have no intention of posting regularly, you guys don’t need to hear from me. Just dropped in and thought I could share some info as you guys were asking after it and I happened to have it. Should be a great finals series, best of luck to all who have teams in the race.

Apologies on the lack of NEAFL action, maybe next year we will discount those VFL memberships.
    Student - I heard from a bloke in a pub whose next door neighbour works with someone who knows EVERYTHING...
    and the jungle drums are beating out the message that the Uni is looking at the option of getting involved with the VFL-thingy, perhaps through a partnership - transition year next year with a view to saddling up big time in 2022.

Before you disappear back into your cave for another year, what can you tell us ?

I mean, that’s one of a few options - nothing is off the table at the moment. We have always said that we would look to compete at the highest level possible both for our men’s and women’s teams, and any decision about 2021 and beyond will be made with that in mind. Well, that and what we can afford!

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Student - I heard from a bloke in a pub whose next door neighbour works with someone who knows EVERYTHING...
    and the jungle drums are beating out the message that the Uni is looking at the option of getting involved with the VFL-thingy, perhaps through a partnership - transition year next year with a view to saddling up big time in 2022.

Before you disappear back into your cave for another year, what can you tell us ?

Well, that and what we can afford!

The Student: Do you mean what Australian Tax can give us
    $$$$$$$$$

I mean, that’s one of a few options - nothing is off the table at the moment. We have always said that we would look to compete at the highest level possible both for our men’s and women’s teams, and any decision about 2021 and beyond will be made with that in mind. Well, that and what we can afford!
    “what we can afford.”
    That really will be the interesting space to watch over the next 12 months as all the universities are reporting big losses and cost cutting programs due to big revenue declines from overseas students. How will that impact the $s Syd Uni, UNSW, and UTS put in to their AFL (and other sports) programs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness has to do with the taxpayer but go off

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Well, that and what we can afford!

The Student: Do you mean what Australian Tax can give us
    $$$$$$$$$

Not sure what Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness has to do with the taxpayer but go off
    Student, I am a big fan of Sydney Uni but if you don't see a relationship between the taxpayer and Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness I hope you did an Arts degree.

Tell me how it works then, and tell me how your taxes support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Student, I am a big fan of Sydney Uni but if you don't see a relationship between the taxpayer and Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness I hope you did an Arts degree.

Thought u we’re going student?

unis and all have a decent level of tax payer funds. It assists all uni clubs to offer programs which no one can deny. Each uni would be different that is for sure.

If your heading to vfl good luck making the numbers as anyone nsw would be flogged and money down drain

Sorry, I get sucked in when people make baseless or stupid criticisms of my football club - it shouldn’t bother me but it does sometimes.

Just to clarify - SUSF is the sports union, funded by student fees and community members. To give you an idea of its size it turned over $14M last year and has $35M in cash and assets. It doesn’t receive any government funding. Yes, of course the University gets funding. I’m not that stupid. But SUSF and the Uni are separate entities. The Uni do not give us any funding, SUSF do.

Anyway that’s it from me - great couple of PD games on the weekend, looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season pans out across all the grades.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Thought u we’re going student?

unis and all have a decent level of tax payer funds. It assists all uni clubs to offer programs which no one can deny. Each uni would be different that is for sure.

If your heading to vfl good luck making the numbers as anyone nsw would be flogged and money down drain

Some thrillers to kick off the finals weeks, just what’s needed. From all accounts, the Uni v Bulldogs game was a great spectacle. St George somehow beating Penno by 4 points, big upset.

Southern Power into 3 grand finals next weekend, stamping their authority as a powerful club in the league.

6 lead changes in the final quarter today. Went goal for goal with a lot of straight kicking at the end.

One of the best games I've watched.

Did well with a few players still to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    6 lead changes in the final quarter today. Went goal for goal with a lot of straight kicking at the end.
    One of the best games I've watched.
    Did well with a few players still to come back.
    Yes a good day yesterday at Henson - congrats to the Dragons who hung in there just a little longer. And to Penno for taking it up to them despite a 'tri-age ward' on the boundary.

And congrats to the League - we don't often say that - on getting us through the season. Yesterday the COVID precautions were carried out well and without too much trouble that I noticed. Poor old Simon Wilson was the 'nagging wife' for the day...which club would have stepped up for that job !
    Let's hope we can keep the safe practices going for a bit longer.

So lucky to have been able to get this far - my mates in Victoria and northern NSW are envious !