Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State of Origin Bushfire Relief match

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I think that first quarter demonstrated what a versatile defender Mills is. Can play on smalls then move over to a guy like Cameron. I doubt we will see him on ball any time soon.
    Agreed. Mills is doing everything down back tonight and his disposal looks elite too.

Surely even the detractors will concede Horse is doing alright with some quality cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Agreed. Mills is doing everything down back tonight and his disposal looks elite too.
    Yes, close to best on ground at half time. Hitting targets beautifully. Would've liked to see a replay of his attempted speccy over Papley, though. Papley's also looking sharp when the ball comes his way.

I've also been enjoying the sweeping ball movement, especially from the Allies. And some of the tap work, which has set up a few roving goals.

Good to have AFL back. So disappointing to have to listen to the channel 7 commentary team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Good to have AFL back. So disappointing to have to listen to the channel 7 commentary team.
    Huddo's there, he's great.....only BT from Seven. Riewoldt and Hodge on comments. Bruce and effing Eddie at the start, introducing. Eddie couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Vics' getting on top now. All Stars will rue their inaccuracy. Poor Horse!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 28th February 2020 at 10:15 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, close to best on ground at half time. Hitting targets beautifully. Would've liked to see a replay of his attempted speccy over Papley, though. Papley's also looking sharp when the ball comes his way.

I've also been enjoying the sweeping ball movement, especially from the Allies. And some of the tap work, which has set up a few roving goals.
    Mills has been superb and in mixing with the best in the business, has looked every bit as elite as anyone out there. That list of 50-60 'better' defenders that came up on another thread is looking a bit silly now.

All Stars seem to be running out of puff. Vics doing it easy now.....pity.

I know its only a charity much but it showed how good Papley can be (truly is one of the best small forwards right now) and how Mills is slowing coming into his own ... great player.

And also reassures what most of us think ... Lloyd is an overrated position player
    Last edited by longmile; 28th February 2020 at 10:44 PM.

Veterans List
    Yes, while he didn't seem to have got a lot of game time, Lloyd didn't do a lot.....and kicked one out on the full. Paps and Mills on the other hand......impressive.

Regular in the Side
    Wonder if Eddie Betts and Michael Walters will be fined by the AFL for removing the Rio Tinto logo from their jumpers.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Mute button Barry or turn the sound down so you can't hear what those clowns are saying

Senior Player
    I enjoyed that a lot. Much better in terms of how the game was played than I expected. Already liking the look of Mills this season! And let's hope for more of that from Papley for us.

It's fun seeing players who are usually adversaries combine on the same team and produce something special. Kind of like fantasy football - what if - you can't help imagining how they'd look if they did play together.

Good to see some quality action early in the year and only a month to the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I enjoyed that a lot. Much better in terms of how the game was played than I expected. Already liking the look of Mills this season! And let's hope for more of that from Papley for us.

It's fun seeing players who are usually adversaries combine on the same team and produce something special. Kind of like fantasy football - what if - you can't help imagining how they'd look if they did play together.

Good to see some quality action early in the year and only a month to the real thing.
    Yes, I was imagining how good it would be, if we had the Mills and Johanisson combination at club level.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast