Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rumour is the grand old lady of Australian sport has the granny this year.
    No RWO'er would be seen dead out there right comrades?
    The Gabba?

Senior Player
    Rumour is the grand old lady of Australian sport has the granny this year.
    No RWO'er would be seen dead out there right comrades?
    The AFL has always been way more interested in selling two grand hospitality packages than the measly four hundred bucks
    we have to pay to see a GF so it seems obvious that they'd be thinking about Sydney rather than elsewhere if it can't be
    played in Melbourne with crowds. As Vic centric as they are, I don't think even they have the heart to play it in an empty
    MCG with sponsor logos superimposed over the stands for the TV audience.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    The AFL has always been way more interested in selling two grand hospitality packages than the measly four hundred bucks
    we have to pay to see a GF so it seems obvious that they'd be thinking about Sydney rather than elsewhere if it can't be
    played in Melbourne with crowds. As Vic centric as they are, I don't think even they have the heart to play it in an empty
    MCG with sponsor logos superimposed over the stands for the TV audience.
    Don't put anything past the VFL!

If I was in charge, and we had to hold the grand final right now, the best available is Optus Stadium in Perth, because its a good size (60k), and can have full crowds.

But once the AFL decides to not use the MCG this year, it should put out the grand final to competitive tender between the other states. I think they would be surprised by the lucrative offers that come in, as each state will be desperate to stimulate their economies.

So surprised, they might actually use their "integrity unit" to review the MCG deal. (as if).

Veterans List
    If I was in charge, and we had to hold the grand final right now, the best available is Optus Stadium in Perth, because its a good size (60k), and can have full crowds.

But once the AFL decides to not use the MCG this year, it should put out the grand final to competitive tender between the other states. I think they would be surprised by the lucrative offers that come in, as each state will be desperate to stimulate their economies.

So surprised, they might actually use their "integrity unit" to review the MCG deal. (as if).
    The interstate GF will be a clean affair with no Victorians allowed to attend, not even VFL hierachy, unless they 14 day quarantine first. We can only hope.

Loving all the dummy spitting coming from Victorian players in hubs, what a sookfest!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    The interstate GF will be a clean affair with no Victorians allowed to attend, not even VFL hierachy, unless they 14 day quarantine first. We can only hope.
    At least one victorian will swim the murray, sneak into the game, and infect everyone with corona.

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Loving all the dummy spitting coming from Victorian players in hubs, what a sookfest!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Whilst I agree it’s fun to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude at VICs expense, it’s highly likely that NSW will be next. I wouldn’t climb up too far on the moral high ground. It’s a long way to fall.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    We Melbourne based members received an email message of support from Tom Harley yesterday. It included videos of some players wishing us the best, too!

It was a lovely thought and I greatly appreciated receiving it!

(Beginning to feel a bit like a leper colony down here, though! )

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Whilst I agree it’s fun to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude at VICs expense, it’s highly likely that NSW will be next. I wouldn’t climb up too far on the moral high ground. It’s a long way to fall.
    13 new cases today, It's on the rise. GF in Perth this year I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    13 new cases today, It's on the rise. GF in Perth this year I'm guessing.
    11 returned travellers and 2 from Albury which lets face it is closer to the MCG than the SCG. Increase in returned travellers due to Vic government now limiting returned travellers and forcing them to Sydney to quarantine.

Dont think there is quite a second wave on that basis.

I reckon GF should be in Perth or Adelaide. While Sydney has the capacity , I think WA or even SA deserve it before Sydney does.

Happy and I know it
    Doubt the competition will get as far as a GF this year. It won't take much to bring the whole house of cards down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke