Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Brad Scott??. Talk about jobs for the "Victorian" boys. Is there seriously no one in Sydney who knows about Sydney footy grounds.?
    Melbourne Boys Club. Eddie Honorary President.

Senior Player
    We Sydney folk know about about the grounds here, but we really don't "understand" them in a way a guy that lives in Melbourne and
    played his career in Brisbane would. Hopefully we can all learn something from Brad. He is my hero.

Veterans List
    Brad Scott??. Talk about jobs for the "Victorian" boys. Is there seriously no one in Sydney who knows about Sydney footy grounds.?
    The AFL made up a job for him last year. Can't remember the name but it was a wanky title. He would have been stood down during the staff cuts. So they have done him another favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The AFL made up a job for him last year. Can't remember the name but it was a wanky title. He would have been stood down during the staff cuts. So they have done him another favour.
    Aren't they doing North a favour in effect because the more he earns the less compensation they have to pay him for terminating his contract?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I wonder what jobs they have lined up Hardwick and Clarkson.

For those of you on here that aren’t massive fans of the Hawks or Alastair “Genius” Clarkson, Jordan Lewis says they need to rebuild via the draft and that Clarko may NOT be the man for the job.

Is Clarkson the man to rebuild the Hawks? Jordan Lewis raises the question

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    For those of you on here that aren’t massive fans of the Hawks or Alastair “Genius” Clarkson, Jordan Lewis says they need to rebuild via the draft and that Clarko may NOT be the man for the job.

There would be a big bottoming out if they did that. Because you would think they would have to offload some talent to get the good draft picks they would need.
    Mitchell back to Sydney. ?

But I dont think Clarko should stay either. He would be better advised to take on a Melbourne, or Giants or even Collingwood.

There would be a big bottoming out if they did that. Because you would think they would have to offload some talent to get the good draft picks they would need.

But I dont think Clarko should stay either. He would be better advised to take on a Melbourne, or Giants or even Collingwood.
    Their list is in pretty bad shape. Melbourne might be the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

I can't possibly see how they can go anywhere near winning a flag with their current list. Their young players are average at best. I think Clarkson should probably move on, much like I think a reasonable argument could be made (not saying I support such an argument) that the Swans should have contemplated doing the same thing with longmire. But they've tried to short circuit their way towards competing again - much in the same way Lol@Norf have too.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    So our round 8 opponent is Hawthorn on Saturday arvo at the SCG.

Stand-by for 'ugly footy cup' takes.

FIXTURE: Swans to face Hawks at SCG

Veterans List

Don't want Mitchell back Baz. Did you see him at the weekend. Slow as a wet week and kicks it just the allowable distance. Gave them nothing and didn't appear to be tagged.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    So our round 8 opponent is Hawthorn on Saturday arvo at the SCG.

Stand-by for 'ugly footy cup' takes.

FIXTURE: Swans to face Hawks at SCG
    Wonder if there’s a chance a second wave in NSW will put a spanner in the works.