Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We must be going bad if we have topped the whingeing Clarkson and McGuire. Purely a deflection consensus to deflect from their continual carping. Hardwick is not too bad on the whinge. And who can forget the greatest tosser of all. Drum roll.......Kennett.
    Hawks fans streets ahead in the squealing stakes and clearly the most obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Interesting article but I don't understand the following quote:

"The Swans have long been deemed by Victorian clubs the whingers of the competition...."

My love for my club might make me blind but I don't think that's the case at all!
    I wish she’d explained that comment better, although she is using it to criticise the Vic clubs not the Swans.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I wish she’d explained that comment better, although she is using it to criticise the Vic clubs not the Swans.
    True. Just thought that with the professional manner we dealt with our treatment in the 2016 GF, whingeing would be the last thing we could be accused of.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I thought one of the more telling comments was the thought of Hawthorn unimpressed by training at Drummoyne, one of Sydney's nicer venues. Whether they take the next step and realise that this is the AFL's life in Sydney is another matter, but it just might prompt Vic clubs to improve their understanding of life outside "Victoria Heaven".
    I read a comment during the week from Gill acknowledging the lack of training grounds in Sydney. It's not the first time he has mentioned this and yet what has been done about it?

Veterans List
    Heard late today that Gill has been a tad ill and is having a Covid test.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Heard late today that Gill has been a tad ill and is having a Covid test.
    In that case, better check Clarko as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    In that case, better check Clarko as well.
    Probably a few other tests needed too.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Probably a few other tests needed too.
    Eddie and Kennett?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I read a comment during the week from Gill acknowledging the lack of training grounds in Sydney. It's not the first time he has mentioned this and yet what has been done about it?
    Steady on. Gill has been very very busy. What with the negotiations over Richmond's compensation package for having to play
    consecutive games outside Melbourne, and all the meetings with the AFL's new rules and umpiring director (Clarko) he barely
    has time to think.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rumour is the grand old lady of Australian sport has the granny this year.
    No RWO'er would be seen dead out there right comrades?
    From Titus O'Reily:

The Giants would be happy with the rumours that ANZ Stadium could host the Grand Final this year.

Personally, I’d have ANZ Stadium just behind Chernobyl and North Korea as good places to host the AFL Grand Final.

ANZ Stadium, a place I’ve been many times, is one of the worst places in the world.

Why would you even consider there, when you have Optus Stadium and Adelaide Oval? Two of the best places to watch sport in the country.

It’s not even a close competition. Adelaide Oval is the most beautiful stadium in the country and Optus Stadium is the loudest I’ve been in and has an amazing atmosphere. Even being located in Perth, Optus Stadium is still easier to get to than ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    From Titus O'Reily:

The Giants would be happy with the rumours that ANZ Stadium could host the Grand Final this year.

Personally, I’d have ANZ Stadium just behind Chernobyl and North Korea as good places to host the AFL Grand Final.

ANZ Stadium, a place I’ve been many times, is one of the worst places in the world.

Why would you even consider there, when you have Optus Stadium and Adelaide Oval? Two of the best places to watch sport in the country.

It’s not even a close competition. Adelaide Oval is the most beautiful stadium in the country and Optus Stadium is the loudest I’ve been in and has an amazing atmosphere. Even being located in Perth, Optus Stadium is still easier to get to than ANZ Stadium
    Haha. Adelaide oval is probably the best stadium in Aus to watch footy I think, I haven’t been to Optus yet though. The G is the G, fantastic when 70% or more full but 50% or less its not quite as great. Granted every time I’ve been to the AO it’s Virtually a sell out, with a loud feral Port or Crows fan base occupying 95% of the stadium , so that definitely helps create an atmosphere. Still a beautiful ground though. Love standing room on the hill, and there is ( at least last few times I went ) a great hot dog stand behind that section too.

But as Caroline Wilson pointed out in her article , SA have done practically nothing to help the AFL this year when NSW and QLD have, so in that regard I think SA should be over looked.

Realistically I think QLD probably deserves it, being the initial hub host and currently hosting the most games. And it would coincide nicely with the Lions and GC ( assuming they hold their form ) rise up the ladder .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Caroline Wilson remains the pre-eminent AFL writer - has a national perspective (unlike most of her colleagues), is uncompromising, objective and principled.
    Another quality AFL journalist is Russell Jackson. This recent article is a lengthy, but interesting discussion on what coverage the coaches look at and its difference to the TV coverage that we see at home.

Analysis: Could broadcasters be the source of AFL's image problem?
    iview