Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    We Melbourne based members received an email message of support from Tom Harley yesterday. It included videos of some players wishing us the best, too!

It was a lovely thought and I greatly appreciated receiving it!

(Beginning to feel a bit like a leper colony down here, though! )
    I'm not sure if its already been said or not but it probably goes without saying that our thoughts would be with all of our Melbourne based / Victorian posters during the coming weeks. Sure that you'll all be ok in the long run, and hopefully there's many moments of on-field joy coming your / our way. Take care all.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I'm not sure if its already been said or not but it probably goes without saying that our thoughts would be with all of our Melbourne based / Victorian posters during the coming weeks. Sure that you'll all be ok in the long run, and hopefully there's many moments of on-field joy coming your / our way. Take care all.
    Really appreciate that Snajik! Thanks!

Two cities, one team!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rumour is the grand old lady of Australian sport has the granny this year.
    No RWO'er would be seen dead out there right comrades?
    I am incensed how Gerard Whately got in the face of one of RWO's most revered members - YOU. Thems' fightin' words, barry. Let's kick his butt all the way the Chiang Rai.

Gerard Whateley cannot believe ANZ Stadium in Sydney is being seriously considered as a potential Grand Final venue.
    Whateley has rubbished that idea, labelling the venue in question as “awful”.
    “Just to confirm how abnormal these times are, the talk of ANZ Stadium - footy’s most despised ground - as the front runner as the Grand Final alternative should the MCG be out of the question,” he said on SEN.

“It’s a ghastly idea. Not because it’s Sydney but because it’s an awful venue.

“ANZ Stadium, spare me.”

Goes up to 11
    Whilst I'm always happy to do a bit of Vic bashing, this isn't really the time. And I'm amazed at the amount of victim blaming going on - not cool.

I just hope the rest of Oz keeps things under control, and Vic does soon too. But I am looking forward to a GF at either Perth or Adelaide - both would be fantastic options and hopefully WA and SA can keep a lid on the 'rona. A big crowd in either Perth or Adelaide for the big one would be something good to aim for.

Thanks Jono and Snajik. Some support is much appreciated!

It’s easy from afar to blame all us down here for doing the wrong thing , but it’s simply incorrect and ignorant too to be honest. Vast majority have been and continue to do the right thing, same as everywhere else around the country. We’re operating under stricter rules than everywhere else and have been from the beginning.

The facts are there has been a Colossal @@@@ up with the handling of the hotel quarantine situation, and then some of the security / hotel staff involved have spread it via very large family gatherings which clearly flouted the rules. Now it has got into the public housing towers, where it is bound to spread like wildfire.

It’s a bit disappointing to think many people will lose their jobs, businesses , suffer mentally and probably even die from this fresh outbreak/ lockdown and some posters on RWO, who know full well many on here are from Melb or elsewhere in Vic, are getting a good old kick out of it.

Certainly not asking for anyone’s sympathy but can probably do without the pointing and laughing i reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    We Melbourne based members received an email message of support from Tom Harley yesterday. It included videos of some players wishing us the best, too!

It was a lovely thought and I greatly appreciated receiving it!

(Beginning to feel a bit like a leper colony down here, though! )
    I’m really pleased the club did that. I’d like to add my best wishes to our Victorian Swans fans, this is such a horrible situation for you.

And it could still happen anywhere else in Australia.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I am incensed how Gerard Whately got in the face of one of RWO's most revered members - YOU. Thems' fightin' words, barry. Let's kick his butt all the way the Chiang Rai.
    Whateley has become an unbearable know all. In his own mind, never wrong.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I’m really pleased the club did that. I’d like to add my best wishes to our Victorian Swans fans, this is such a horrible situation for you.

And it could still happen anywhere else in Australia.
    Thanks Meg!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    barry wasn't actually named was he?
    No need to change the user name then
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rumour is the grand old lady of Australian sport has the granny this year.
    No RWO'er would be seen dead out there right comrades?
    I was thinking about you Barry when I heard about this. You must be excited.

All these years we have been wanting the GF away from the MCG and if it happens the Swans probably won't be playing 🙁. Unfortunately us Victorians will be banned anyway!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Whateley has become an unbearable know all. In his own mind, never wrong.
    He is paid to be a know it all. But I have noticed that he has drifted to thinking he is the be all and end all of AFL commentary. When he talks about other sports he is very informative and mostly not opinionated. Every year he and Healy stir up the state of the game about Round 4 and frankly it becomes very boring. I just turned him off this season when he started. Perhaps the radio and TV producers work on the basis that this narrative boosts ratings. 360 becomes a boring talk fest and they forget we want to hear something about our teams. People I have known for years just don't watch it any more.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He is paid to be a know it all. But I have noticed that he has drifted to thinking he is the be all and end all of AFL commentary. When he talks about other sports he is very informative and mostly not opinionated. Every year he and Healy stir up the state of the game about Round 4 and frankly it becomes very boring. I just turned him off this season when he started. Perhaps the radio and TV producers work on the basis that this narrative boosts ratings. 360 becomes a boring talk fest and they forget we want to hear something about our teams. People I have known for years just don't watch it any more.
    I reckon a lot of people have dropped off Fox Footy. Incestuous wankfest. On the couch very ordinary now. Not to mention Eddie has well and truly worn out his welcome